RequirementsConditions of Employment
- You will plan specific objectives, milestones, and phases for complex projects and make needed innovations and modifications.
- You will serve as a senior engineer in coordinating and integrating the planning, programing, development, oversight, scheduling, and overall management of recourses for multi-phase projects.
- You will prepare project plans for overall project scheduling, engineering requirements and specifics related to the project budgetary estimates in various areas.
- You will prepare and produce project and acquisition documentation, test and demonstration plans, engineering reports, input to budget estimates and schedules, interagency support agreements and correspondences.
- You will evaluate the value and applicability of new or improved technology, strategies, trends, or applications.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final TOP SECRET SCI security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
- This position is covered under the Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA). Certification in the Acquisition Functional Area and category assigned to the position is required within established category timeframes.
- This is a Acquisition Workforce (AWF), members must complete 80 hours of Continuous Learning Points (CLPs) every two (2) years, in accordance with DoDI 5000.66.
- Successful completion of a pre-employment drug test (including marijuana) is required. A tentative offer of employment will be rescinded if you fail to report to the drug test appointment or fail the test. You will be subject to random testing.
- You will be required to complete training, obtain, and maintain a government credit card for travel and travel-related purchases.
- This position may require travel from normal duty station to CONUS and OCONUS and may include remote or isolated sites. You must be able to travel on military and commercial aircraft for extended periods of time.
- You will be required to complete ethics orientation within three months of appointment and submit a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report, OGE-450, within 30 days of appointment.
Your resume must also demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS-13 grade level or (NH-03) pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector. Specialized experience must demonstrate the following: In conducting systems engineering with a direct role in the development of system engineering strategies, performance requirements, functional analysis, decomposition and allocation, design verification, system analysis, requirement verification, functional verification, test planning and test engineering, operational validation, development and delivery of associated systems engineering artifacts; to include the planning and execution of system engineering technical reviews, requirement management, configuration control, technical risk and issue identification and mitigation management.
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. Education
Applicants must meet the following basic education requirements of the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualifications Standards Manual:Series 0801, 0850, and 0854:
Successful completion of a professional engineering degree. To be acceptable, the program must: (1) lead to a bachelor's degree (or higher) in a school of engineering with at least one program accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET); or (2) include differential and integral calculus and courses (more advanced than first-year physics and chemistry) in five of the following seven areas of engineering science or physics: (a) statics, dynamics; (b) strength of materials (stress-strain relationships); (c) fluid mechanics, hydraulics; (d) thermodynamics; (e) electrical fields and circuits; (f) nature and properties of materials (relating particle and aggregate structure to properties); and (g) any other comparable area of fundamental engineering science or physics, such as optics, heat transfer, soil mechanics, or electronics. Such education must demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to do the work of the position.
Current registration as an Engineer Intern (EI), Engineer in Training (EIT), or licensure as a Professional Engineer (PE) by any State, the District of Columbia, Guam, or Puerto Rico. Absent other means of qualifying under this standard, those applicants who achieved such registration by means other than written test (e.g., State grandfather or eminence provisions) are eligible only for positions that are within or closely related to the specialty field of their registration For more information about EI and EIT registration requirements, please visit the National Society of Professional Engineers website at: http://www.nspe.org
Evidence of having successfully passed the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) examination or any other written test required for professional registration by an engineering licensure board in the various States, the District of Columbia, Guam, and Puerto Rico The FE examination is not administered by the U. S. Office of Personnel Management. For more information, please visit: http://www.nspe.org/Licensure/HowtoGetLicensed/index.html.
Successful completion of at least 60 semester hours of courses in the physical, mathematical, and engineering sciences and in engineering that included the courses specified in the basic requirements under paragraph A (above). The courses must be fully acceptable toward meeting the requirements of an engineering program as described in paragraph A (above)
Successful completion of a curriculum leading to a bachelor's degree in an appropriate scientific field, e.g., engineering technology, physics, chemistry, architecture, computer science, mathematics, hydrology, or geology, may be accepted in lieu of a bachelor's degree in engineering, provided the applicant has had at least one year of professional engineering experience acquired under professional engineering supervision and guidance. Ordinarily, there should be either an established plan of intensive training to develop professional engineering competence, or several years of prior professional engineering-type experience, e.g., in interdisciplinary positions.Series 1550:
Bachelor's degree in computer science or
bachelor's degree with 30 semester hours in a combination of mathematics, statistics, and computer science. At least 15 of the 30 semester hours must have included any combination of statistics and mathematics that included differential and integral calculus. All academic degrees and course work must be from accredited or pre-accredited institutions.
Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the qualification requirements if the applicant can provide documentation indicating that the foreign education is comparable to that received in an accredited educational institution in the United States. It is the responsibility of the applicant to provide such evidence when applying for further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html Additional information
This is a Civilian Acquisition Workforce Personnel Demonstration Project (AcqDemo) position in the NH-04 broadband with an advertised pay range from the lowest equivalent GS 14 grade Step 1 to the highest equivalent GS 15 grade step 10 in the broadband. However, this position is covered by salary control point within the NH-04 broad band and the Quantico, VA Locality Total salary range is CP= "91" - - $132,368 - $170,987. If your current federal salary is above this amount, your salary may be matched, if applicable.Knowledge or experience in the following areas is desired:
- Experience in performing technical management of Department of Defense (DoD) Acquisition programs, to include planning and executing Systems Engineering (SE) and Test and Evaluation (T&E) activities.
- Experience developing DoD Acquisition technical documents (Systems Engineering Plan, Test and Evaluation Master Plan) and executing technical processes (Systems Engineering Technical Reviews, Configuration Management, Failure Modes, Effects, and Criticality Analysis).
- Experience in developing and integrating Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) systems
- Experience in 1) data management, data processing, and data fusion 2) command and control systems, or 3) IT systems and networking
- Experience with software development (Agile or waterfall) and/or employing virtual machine and container technologies
- Experience in the integration, sustainment and technical refresh of COTS/GOTS in support of DoD tactical software-intensive systems
- Familiarity with modular open systems approach (MOSA) for DoD technology platforms and vetronics systems such as VICTORY (Vehicular Integration for C4ISR/EW Interoperability), Sensor Open Systems Architecture Technical Standard, and CMOSS (C5ISR/EW Modular Open Suite of Standards).
There may or may not be actual vacancies filled from this flyer. Notice of Result letters will not be sent to applicants who respond to this flyer.
This position is covered by the Department of Defense Priority Placement Program.
This announcement uses the DHA for AcqDemo Business & Technical Mgmt direct hire authority to recruit and appoint qualified candidates to positions in the competitive service.
Several vacancies may be filled.
Recruitment incentives may be authorized to eligible new hires.
Relocation incentives as described in 5 USC 5753 "may" or "may not" be authorized in accordance with applicable travel regulations, command policy and available command funding.
This position is eligible for full time or part time ad-hoc telework at the discretion of management.
A tentative offer of employment will be rescinded if the selectee fails to meet the pre-employment requirements, including failure to report to any of the scheduled appointments.
Federal annuitant information: The selection of an annuitant is subject to the Department of Defense and Department of the Navy policy on the employment of annuitants. Policy information may be found at: http://www.secnav.navy.mil/donhr/Documents/CivilianJobs/FedCivAnnuitants.pdf .
Veteran's preference does not apply when selecting individuals under this specific hiring authority. However, if you claim veteran's preference, you will be required to submit supporting documentation with your application as described in the Required Documents section below.