To achieve our mission, the agency is actively engaged in recruiting, hiring, developing and advancing careers for individuals with disabilities (including those with the most severe) through a variety of On-The-Spot hiring authorities and Public Notices that are posted on this website for receipt of applications.
The following will provide additional information with regard to individuals with disabilities, hiring paths etc. that may prove helpful in your search for job opportunities:
- Individuals with Disabilities (Eligibility)
- On-the-Spot Hiring Information
- Reasonable Accommodation
- Hiring Pathways Available for Individuals with Disabilities
Working at FAA offers a unique opportunity to experience a career where your impact not only reaches throughout the aviation industry but around the world as well. You will be a part of a diverse workforce utilizing the latest technology, systems and resources dedicated to maintaining the safety and integrity of our civil airspace.
Positions are located across a variety of offices within FAA and will involve a variety of duties/responsibilities, projects, and competencies. We are searching for highly motivated individuals that will have the opportunity to advise on, administer, support, learn, and perform work in one or more of the following career pathways and job series:
- Community Planner (0020)
- Environment Protection Specialist (0028)
- Economist (0110)
- Human Resources Specialist (0201)
- Program Manager (0340)
- Program Analyst (0343)
- General Natural Resources & Biological Science (0401)
- Financial Specialist/Analyst (0501)
- Medical Officer (0602)
- General Engineer (0801)
- Safety Engineer (0803)
- Fire Protection Engineer (0804)
- Civil Engineer (0810)
- Environmental Engineer(0819)
- Mechanical Engineer (0830)
- Electrical Engineer (0850)
- Computer Engineer (0854)
- Electronics Engineer (0855)
- Aerospace Engineer (0861)
- Industrial Engineer (0896)
- Contracting Specialist (1102)
- Engineering Technician (0802)
- Physical Scientist (1301)
- Health Physicist (1306)
- Chemist (1320)
- Mathematician (1520)
- Statistician (1530)
- Airway Transportation Systems Specialist(2101)
- Airplane Pilot (2181)
- Information Technology Cybersecurity Specialist (2210)
- Aviation Safety Inspector GA/AC OPS (1825)
- Computer Scientist Cybersecurity (1550)
Commitment to equal opportunity, diversity, and inclusion adds value by creating a culture where the workforce can bring together creative ideas. An inclusive workplace with engaged employees spurs innovation and we welcome your application for employment. Please click on the link below for a current list of career opportunities. Current Job Openings RequirementsConditions of Employment
- US Citizenship is required.
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959.
All positions, dependent upon the title, series and grade/band levels of the position being filled, may require some level of education, general experience, and/or related specialized experience. Please review each announcement for specific duties, responsibilities, qualifications, knowledge/skills/abilities, and application procedures.Education
Refer to each vacancy announcement for specific education requirements. Additional information
Positions may be filled at any grade and pay band.
FAA positions may involve or require the following - background investigations; medical and/or security clearances: successful completion of a one-year probationary period; and periodic financial disclosures.