RequirementsConditions of Employment
- Responsibilities in the DCMA INFOSEC/OPSEC/CI/COMSEC Programs.
- Prepares INFOSEC policies and procedures governing the handling, classification, marking, storage, accountability, reproduction, transmission, transportation and destruction of classified and controlled unclassified material.
- Provides information on intelligence/CI matters obtained through established liaison channels.
- Monitors procedures used by officials appointed as U.S. Government representatives to approve the release of classified information to foreign governments.
- Provides assistance to DCMA employees and their supervisors concerning interpretation and implementation of OPSEC program policies and procedures.
- Develops procedures for the compilation of OPSEC statistics and prepares annual reports
- Assures compliance with all National, DoD, and DCMA COMSEC policies and procedures.
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Security Requirements: Special Sensitive requiring incumbent to obtain a Top Secret, Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) security access.
- Appointment is subject to the completion of a favorable suitability or fitness determination, where reciprocity cannot be applied; unfavorably adjudicated background checks will be grounds for removal.
- Selective Service Requirement: Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service.
To qualify for a Security Specialist, your resume and supporting documentation must support:
Specialized Experience: One year of specialized experience that equipped you with the competencies to successfully perform the duties of the position and is directly in, or related to, this position. To qualify for the NH-03 level, specialized experience must be at the NH-02 or GS-11 grade level or equivalent under other pay systems in the Federal service, military or private sector. Creditable specialized experience includes:
- Providing guidance of policy and procedures relating to personnel clearance and access.
- Developing or conducting training to acquaint personnel in physical, information, and personnel security matters.
- Safeguarding personnel, physical and intellectual property, systems, and data.
- Conducting security inspections or writing about physical security matters for Special Access Program or Sensitive Compartmented Information Facilities.
Substitution of education may not be used in lieu of specialized experience for this grade level.Additional information
- This position does not meet criteria for appointment of Reemployed Annuitants. The DoD criteria for hiring Reemployed Annuitants can be found at: https://www.esd.whs.mil/Portals/54/Documents/DD/issuances/140025/1400.25-V300.pdf Tour of Duty: Flexible FLSA: Exempt Bargaining Unit: No
- Selectee may be required to serve a trial/probationary period.
- Recruitment/Relocation/Retention Incentive may be authorized at Management's discretion.