As a Technical Operations Officer for CIA, you will apply creative solutions to complex and often difficult technical and operational problems. Technical Operations Officers provide high-quality, timely, and professional services and technical support in a wide range of areas: analog, digital, and satellite communications; video and image enhancement; coding and decoding devices; and various aspects of computer technology.
Using specialized equipment, you will train others in equipment use, satisfy field operations requirements, prepare reports, familiarize non-technical people with technical capabilities, and conduct hands-on work while traveling worldwide. As a member of a multi-discipline team, you will utilize your creative problem-solving skills to find unconventional technical solutions to challenging on-going operational requirements in non-traditional environments. You may also find yourself in a work element where you are required to draw upon your skills in design and fabrication on a daily basis.
Opportunities may exist for foreign travel, technical and management training, and assignments in other offices within the CIA. RequirementsConditions of Employment
- You must be physically in the United States or one of its territories when you submit your resume via MyLINK.
- You must be registered for the Selective Service, if applicable.
- You must be a U.S. citizen and at least 18 years of age (dual-national US citizens are eligible).
- You must be willing to move to the Washington, DC area.
- You must successfully complete a thorough medical and psychological exam, a polygraph interview, and a comprehensive background investigation.
- For further requirements information, please visit: https://www.cia.gov/careers/how-we-hire/requirements/
Desired Qualifications Education
- Experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Additive manufacturing/Rapid prototyping
- Analog design and circuits
- Battery and power technology
- CAD/CADD drafting and design technology
- Digital signal processing design and programming
- Electromagnetic fields, antennas, and propagation
- Fabrication skills in a prototype environment project/program management
- Fiber optics and cable communications
- Graphic design and visual communication
- Industrial design and fabrication
- Network security and engineering
- Programming (C, C++, Internet, Windows 3.X/95/NT applications development, interrupt processing/service routines, device drivers, RS-232 communication applications)
- Project/program management
- Signal processing and analysis
- System architecting
- Systems engineering
- Prototype design and fabrication
- Audio design and circuits
- Voice/data communications (satellite, RF, wireless, and telecommunications networks)
- Self-starter attitude with initiative
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Ability to work independently and in a group
- Ability to meet the minimum requirements for joining CIA , including U.S. citizenship and a background investigation
- Bachelor's degree in one of the following fields or related studies:
- Computer science
- Engineering disciplines (Electrical, Computer, Mechanical, Aerospace, Nuclear, etc.)
- Material science
- At least a 3.0 GPA on a 4-point scale