Protect your nation by helping to strengthen Central Intelligence Agency programs and operations through independent oversight! As an Inspector General Auditor, your work will help the CIA effectively and efficiently carry out its vital national security mission. Your work will also promote good stewardship of CIA resources and help detect and deter fraud, waste, and abuse.
As an Inspector General Auditor with the CIA, you will use your analytic and critical thinking skills to evaluate all aspects of intelligence programs, operations, and activities including strategy, risk, financial resources, procurement, project management, information technology, covert action, and compliance with laws and regulations.
Inspector General Auditor responsibilities include developing and writing audit programs; developing and documenting audit findings in accordance with government auditing standards; and developing recommendations designed to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of CIA programs, operations, and activities. Auditors will also conduct or support other OIG functions as required.
Travel may be required.RequirementsConditions of Employment
- You must be physically in the United States or one of its territories when you submit your resume via MyLINK.
- You must be registered for the Selective Service, if applicable.
- You must be a U.S. citizen and at least 18 years of age (dual-national US citizens are eligible).
- You must be willing to move to the Washington, DC area.
- You must successfully complete a thorough medical and psychological exam, a polygraph interview, and a comprehensive background investigation.
- For further information, please visit: https://www.cia.gov/careers/how-we-hire/
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated excellent critical thinking skills
- Ability to apply government auditing standards, discern key issues, and draw appropriate conclusions
- Ability to meet the minimum requirements for joining CIA , including U.S. citizenship and a background investigation
- Advanced Degrees
- Professional certifications:
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Certified Fraud Examiners (CFE)
- Certified Information Systems Auditors (CISA)
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
- Certified Government Financial Manager (CGFM)
- Experience with government auditing, accounting, program evaluation, or information systems
- Bachelor's or master's degree in one of the following fields or related studies:
- At least a 3.0 GPA on a 4-point scale