This is a bargaining unit position.Please read this public notice in its entirety prior to submitting your application.
Vacancies may not presently exist but may become available at any point during the opening period of this vacancy announcement. We will not review applicant resumes until there is a request to fill a vacancy.
You are applying to a public notice to fill current and future vacancies. Please note, there may or may not be actual/projected vacancies when you submit your application. Your resume and any supporting documentation will be retained with other applicants and reviewed as vacancies occur. You will not receive a notice regarding your application's status other than the initial acknowledgment until a request is received to fill a position.
This announcement will remain open until the December 29, 2023. The cut-off date is January 20, 2023, OR the point at which the first 100 applications are received, whichever comes first. Due to the potential of a high volume of applicants, not all applicants may receive consideration.
After the initial cut-off period, once a request to fill a vacancy is received, applications will be reviewed in increments of 100 applications in date order.
Note: Submitting multiple applications will change the order in which your application is reviewed.
We will refer qualified applicants to the selecting official for consideration. The organization's hiring need will determine the referral of additional applicants. Applicants will be notified about their application's status if referred or if we fill all vacancies.
This position is primarily aligned to the following NICE Cybersecurity Workforce Framework work roles.
- NCWF Code 801 - Program Manager
- NCWF Code 802 - IT Project Manager
- NCWF Code 803 - Product Support Manager
For more information about these work roles, where they fit within the larger Cyber Workforce, and how they can support your unique career journey, please visit the Cyber Career Pathways tool on the National Initiative for Cybersecurity Careers and Studies website: https://niccs.us-cert.gov/workforce-development/cyber-career-pathways Do you want an opportunity to improve the lives of millions of Veterans? Use your technical expertise to develop and deliver cutting-edge digital capabilities to Veterans and those who care for them!
We're looking for experts in data science, software engineering, product design, product management, and user experience (UX) who are passionate about using their skills to ensure Veterans and their families receive seamless care and services to join our team of technologists. Our technologists help develop cutting-edge technology, advocate for Veteran needs, and ensure the Department of Veterans Affairs can provide Veterans home loans, G.I. Bill, healthcare, and other services.
We are committed to building a team that reflects the communities we serve and strongly encourage people of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, women, minorities, people with disabilities, system-impacted people, Veterans, and people of all ages to apply.About Our Technologist Teams
If selected, technologists will be appointed to serve in our Office of Chief Technology Officer (CTO) or Software Product Management (SPM).At OIT, you will be working on a wide variety of projects that are relevant to your specific area of expertise. Possible projects could include:
- Working on small, cross-functional teams with healthcare, education, and financial analysts to perform technical investigative research for projects that affect millions of Veterans.
- Analyzing computational models implemented by financial institutions that inform what benefits Veterans and their families are eligible for. Ex. Healthcare, home loan guarantees, and educational benefits
- Researching how electronic healthcare data can be utilized to deliver better care and services to Veterans.
- Anticipating risks and acting fast to support Veterans when IT systems fail.
Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm Compressed/Flexible Schedule
: Available Telework:
Available Duty Location Status
: Will work remotely from home. Position Description Title/PD#: IT Project Manager/
PD19498A Relocation/Recruitment Incentives
: Not Authorized Financial Disclosure Report
: Not Required Physical Requirements:
The work is primarily sedentary, although some slight physical effort may be required. RequirementsConditions of Employment
QualificationsTo qualify for this position, applicants must meet all requirements when a request is received to fill a vacancy.Experience
- You must be a U.S. citizen to apply for this job
- Subject to a background/suitability investigation
- May serve a probationary period
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959
- A complete application package; Resume, Transcripts, etc
- Selected applicants will be required to complete an online onboarding process
- Experience must be IT related; the experience may be demonstrated by paid or unpaid experience and/or completion of specific, intensive training (for example, IT certification), as appropriate. For all positions individuals must have IT-related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies listed below. The employing agency is responsible for identifying the specific level of proficiency required for each competency at each grade level based on the requirements of the position being filled. Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail. Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services. Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately. Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations. AND Specialized Experience:
You must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the next lower grade GS-12 in the normal line of progression for the occupation in the organization. Specialized experience is defined as experience applying Agile, Scrum, DevOps, and lean principles to develop processes, procedures, and practices that support IT products and IT business requirements, managing IT projects, and assisting with the management of acquisitions, staff, and budgets.
Such experience is typically gained in the IT field or through the performance of work where the primary concern is IT.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religions; spiritual; community; student; social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Additional information
VA supports the use of telework as a way to help attract and retain talented individuals in public service, increase worker productivity, and better prepare the agency to operate during emergencies. This position may be authorized for telework. Telework eligibility will be discussed during the interview process.
The Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP)
and Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP)
provide eligible displaced VA competitive service employees with selection priority over other candidates for competitive service vacancies. To be well-qualified, applicants must possess experience that exceeds the minimum qualifications of the position including all selective factors if applicable, and must be proficient in most of the requirements of the job. Information about ICTAP and CTAP eligibility is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website which can be found at https://www.opm.gov/ .Receiving Service Credit for Earning Annual (Vacation) Leave:
Federal Employees earn annual leave at a rate (4, 6 or 8 hours per pay period) which is based on the number of years they have served as a Federal employee. VA may offer newly-appointed Federal employee's credit for their job-related non-federal experience or active duty uniformed military service. This credited service can be used in determining the rate at which they earn annual leave. Such credit must be requested and approved prior to the appointment date and is not guaranteed.This job opportunity announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies.
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application .