MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Education
- A Bachelor's degree in Architecture, Engineering, or a related field.
- Seven (7) years of extensive experience in ADA Compliance including ADA Standards for Accessibility, developing documents that are Section 508 compliant and marking up architectural and engineering drawings. Must include reading architectural and engineering construction and equipment drawings fluently.
A Master's degree in Architecture, Engineering, or a related field. MEDICAL GROUP
Satisfactorily complete the medical examination for this position, if required. The incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of this position either with or without reasonable accommodations. SUMMARY
The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Projects Architect/Engineer coordinates projects to ensure compliance of with the ADA, ADA Standards, Section 508 Compliance, Architectural Barriers Act, and any applicable codes regarding Accessibility for people with disabilities. Reviews the ADA compliance of assigned Capital Planning programs and projects from concept to final delivery. The incumbent works with teams comprised of Metro employees, contractors, and/or colleagues to drive outcomes to improve ADA Accessibility transit services and/or infrastructure. The ADA Project Architect/Engineer advocates for Metro's ADA accessibility needs in planning activities including coordination with other offices within the Authority and with federal, state, regional and local agency representatives and other stakeholders. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Supports the implementation of ADA compliance for key programs, projects and/or initiatives within the Office of ADA Policy and Planning in support of the Metro Access (ACCS) Priorities
- ACCS Priorities: Grows ridership and increases service equity by planning and delivering safe, fast, reliable, and accessible all day service that is competitive.
The functions listed are not intended to limit specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Nor is it intended to limit in any way the right of managers and supervisors to assign, direct and control the work of employees under their supervision. EVALUATION CRITERIA
- Serves as an ADA Facilities and equipment compliance project coordinator, performing site visits, working with teams consisting of employees, contractors, and colleagues from partner departments to develop solutions to achieve Authority's mission and resolve the region's accessibility challenges.
- Reviews and ensures the inclusion of recent technologies and facility improvement efforts.
- Performs planning activities to improve transit service and/or infrastructure by performing site visits; developing and preparing major inputs to the annual work plan; writing scopes of work; identifying program goals and outcomes; updates plans and programs to expand and improve transit service and infrastructure and Section 508 compliance.
- ACCS Priorities: Supports operational readiness of new stations
- Creates and maintains a database that includes all aspects of ADAP's efforts which is used to inform ADA's involvement in Metro projects.
- Identifies opportunities for customers with disabilities to ride the fixed bus and rail, and for service enhancement through innovation and new initiatives and field experience and recommends these strategies to the ADAP Director.
Consideration will be given to applicants whose resumes demonstrate the required education and experience. Applicants should include all relevant education and work experience.
Evaluation criteria may include one or more of the following:
• Skills and/or behavioral assessment
• Personal interview
• Verification of education and experience (including certifications and licenses)
• Criminal Background Check (a criminal conviction is not an automatic bar to employment)
• Medical examination including a drug and alcohol screening (for safety sensitive positions)
• Review of a current motor vehicle report CLOSING
WMATA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by applicable federal law.
This posting is an announcement of a vacant position under recruitment. It is not intended to replace the official job description. Job descriptions are available upon confirmation of an interview.