Westat is an employee-owned corporation providing research services to agencies of the U.S. Government, as well as businesses, foundations, and state and local governments. Westat's research, technical, and administrative staff of more than 2,000 is located at our headquarters in Rockville, Maryland, near Washington, DC.
Westat is committed to building a diverse workforce and a culture of inclusivity, belonging and equity for all. We believe that our greatest strength draws on the different backgrounds, cultures, perspectives and experiences of our employees.
Westat has an immediate opening for a Lead Research Associate to join our multidisciplinary team of public health researchers conducting and evaluating community-engaged research studies and providing technical assistance to NIH awardees to address health disparities and promote health equity. The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience in evaluation and engaging diverse partners and key audiences.
• Contribute to the design and development of evaluation plans and data collection instruments and protocols.
• Lead data collection, including conducting interviews, abstracting data from project documents, and coordinating with external partners to ensure timely data submissions.
• Lead analysis of qualitative and quantitative data, including coding qualitative data and coordinating with research assistants and other data scientists.
• Provide technical assistance in culturally responsive and equitable evaluation, under the guidance of a Senior Evaluator.
• Provide project management and administrative support to multiple initiatives.
• Contribute to presentations and reports on evaluation activities and findings.
• Proactively identify and propose solutions for project challenges.
• Engage in self-directed professional development to deepen knowledge of community engagement, evaluation methodologies, drivers of health inequities, and protective factors that facilitate resilience.
• High school diploma/GED and 12 years of related experience; or Bachelor's degree in any field and 8 years of related experience; or Master's degree in public health, social sciences or a related field and 2 years of related experience.
• Demonstrated experience in program evaluation.
• Demonstrated experience in health equity, engaging community members and partners, and/or community organizing.
• Professional or personal experience in/with Tribal or Indigenous communities or other marginalized populations.
• Experience working on federally funded projects.
• Experience working in or collaborating with academic institutions.
• Experience with culturally-responsive or equitable evaluation approaches
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
Other Required Qualifications
• Demonstrated communication skills.
• Collaboration with teams, managers and/or clients
• Organization skills, including time management ability.
• Detail oriented
Westat offers a well-rounded and comprehensive benefits program focused on wellness and work/life balance. Subject to plan requirements, employees may participate in:
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Parental Leave
- Vacation Leave (15 Vacation Days)
- Sick Leave (10 sick days)
- Holiday Leave (7 government holidays and 2 floating holidays)
- Professional Development
- Health Advocate
- Employee Assistance Program
- Travel Accident Insurance
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
Westat is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information, gender identity or expression, or any other protected status under applicable law.