Tutors will implement specific early literacy interventions, conduct weekly progress monitoring, and work with a team of coaches to make data-informed decisions to ensure each child is on track to read proficiently. The candidate should be patient, flexible, and skilled in oral and written communications, manage student behavior, modify instructional activities as required, assess, and evaluate student achievement. The school is currently conducting virtual classes using Canvas.
Tutors can expect to work 3-10 hours per a week, depending upon their availability and interest. Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree or higher degree with major in assigned area.
- Valid Teaching Certificate or be eligible for VA Teaching Certificate preferred but not required
- Instructional experience and/or expertise in the prevention and remediation of reading difficulties
- Implements a remediation plan for students who have decoding and/or comprehension test results identified as basic or minimal.
- Provides strategic reading instruction to meet the instructional needs of identified learners.
- Skill in operating a personal computer utilizing software applications for virtual learning.
- Collaborates with teachers, administrators, and staff to further literacy goals.
- Utilizes the Reading Recovery method of intervention and instruction for students
- Provide for remedial instructional needs of students through collaboration teachers and staff, occasional small group instruction, and staff development in content area reading strategies.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
Public Health Compliance
- Criminal Justice Fingerprint/Background Clearance.
- Tuberculosis Skin Test.
- Proof of COVID vaccination. Exemptions for religious/medical will be reviewed.
- Must follow safety and health protocols.
- $30.00 Non-licensed
- $46.00 Licensed
Mount Vernon Elementary School Salary Range:
$30.00 - $46.00 / Per Hour Shift Type: