The job of Support Supervisor II-Transportation was established for the purpose/s of ensuring the overall coverage required to meet the transportation operation scheduling demands; and evaluating, resolving and/or recommending solutions to incidents, complaints and/or accidents.
This job reports to the Assistant Director of Pupil Transportation.QualificationsEducation:
High School diploma or equivalent.Certificates & Licenses:
Commercial Driver's License With S Endorsement.Experience:
Job related experience is desired.Essential Functions
- Communicates information and instructions to drivers (e.g. schedules, route changes, road conditions, accidents, emergencies, etc.) for the purpose of advising drivers on a variety of situations that may impact scheduled transportation services.
- Compiles a variety of data (e.g. incident reports, inspections, student count, passenger misconduct, mileage, etc.) for the purpose of developing formal reports; conveying information; and complying with mandated requirements.
- Coordinates scheduling of district vehicles (e.g. regular routes, field trips, athletic events, meetings, etc.) for the purpose of meeting overall transportation requirements.
- Develops schedules (e.g. routes, workload, special trips, driver training, etc.) for the purpose of determining driver and equipment requirements.
- Dispatches bus drivers for the purpose of meeting student transportation requirements.
- Informs school personnel, parents, etc. of practices and incidents (e.g. rules, regulations, laws, procedures, etc.) for the purpose of providing information for follow-up action and/or proper procedures.
- Manages contract bus use and vendors (e.g. schedules, invoices, contracts, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring effective use of resources.
- Participates in a variety of activities (e.g. meetings, trainings, etc.) for the purpose of receiving and/or conveying information required to perform job functions.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
- Recommends policies, procedures and/or actions (e.g. boundary changes, personnel requirements, etc.) for the purpose of providing direction and/or making decisions that enhance student transportation services.
- Resolves schedule problems (e.g. driver absenteeism, out-of-service vehicles, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring all routes are covered.
- Responds to inquiries from a variety of sources (e.g. students, parents, community services, other school personnel, etc.) for the purpose of providing information relating to bus routes, schedules and/or resolving operational problems.
- Responds to vehicle emergencies for the purpose of making recommendations and/or referral for resolution.
- Reviews, updates, and submits employee time and leave in the timesheet management system to ensure proper and timely compensation. Also, coordinates with the payroll office.
- Other duties/responsibilities as assigned.
Public Health Compliance
- Criminal Justice Fingerprint/Background Clearance.
- Tuberculosis Skin Test.
- Proof of COVID vaccination. Exemptions for religious/medical will be reviewed.
- Must follow safety and health protocols.
Transportation Salary Range:
$63,939.20 - $78,644.80 / Transportation SUP-07 Shift Type: