US Citizenship:Required Summary The MIL Corporation
seeks a Project Control Analyst (Program Control Analysis, Senior Associate)
to work in our Defense Business Unit. This role oversees the finances for various types of contracts and is integral to effective financial reporting at MIL. This position will be hybrid, requiring two days a week in the Tysons office and will report directly to the Project Finance & Billing Supervisor. Responsibilities
- Review project setup with different contract types (Cost-Plus, T&M, FFP) including proper billing and revenue terms. Ensure that project set-ups and modifications are entered Deltek Costpoint in accordance with MIL's internal policies and procedures
- Maintain Deltek Costpoint project information (i.e. contract /funding values, period of performance, line of business, project labor categories, etc.)
- Prepare and submit invoices for government and commercial customers in compliance with contractual and FAR regulations for all contract types
- Review and complete timely and accurate project monthly revenue recognition procedures, in accordance with MIL policies
- Maintain and update billing folders in accordance with established guidelines. Analyzes revenue reports during the invoicing process to understand and communicate unbilled balances
- Analyze all direct project costs/fee/revenue data; monitor project budgets and progress; and share results with Program Managers to ensure projects achieve financial expectations.
- Review, reconcile, and code project subcontractor and material purchasing invoices
- Prepare and submit project monthly progress reports /other reports as required for programs
- Interact with other departments, such as Contracts, Accounting, Project Management, and VP sector leads regarding project-related issues
- Maintain open communication with direct management regarding financial results and ensure Project Managers and other senior personnel are aware of risks and opportunities identified during project financial tracking, revenue review, & A/R
- Review and monitor project funding and expenditures for contract 75% Limitation of Funds notification
- Provide monthly run-out analysis
- Provide various analyses as needed for assigned programs
- Participate in special projects as required
- Travel up to 10% yearly, as needed
Desired Qualifications Education
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance, Business or related discipline, or equivalent experience in a related field
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in government and/or commercial contracting environment
- Comprehensive knowledge of service type cost reimbursable, fixed price and commercial contracts
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are required
- Have proficient Microsoft Excel spreadsheet skills and problem-solving skills
- Excellent attention to detail, organized, and have a clear devotion to meeting project deadlines
- Experience with Costpoint
Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance, Business or related discipline, or equivalent experience in a related field Clearance
The MIL Corporation values your contributions and offers a range of benefits to support your overall well-being. We are pleased to offer a comprehensive range of benefits to our full-time employees which includes health, life, disability, and retirement plans, as well as paid time off, opportunities for professional growth and tuition assistance. Additional benefits and incentives may also apply, which will be communicated during the hiring process.
Salary at MIL is determined based on factors such as qualifications, experience, and contractual limitations. For this position, the projected compensation range is $90,000 - $105,000 per year. This estimate represents the typical salary range and is just one part of MIL's complete compensation package. Why MIL?
The MIL Corporation (MIL) is a dynamic workforce of industry professionals who deliver world-class solutions in cyber, engineering, financial management, and information technology - and we are looking for candidates like you! Whether you're fresh out of college, the military, or well into your professional services career, MIL has great job opportunities that might be a great fit.
Here at MIL, we pride ourselves on the family-like environment instilled amongst our team. Our employees love working here and it truly shows through our various recognitions & awards. Some of our most recent awards include:
- 2021-2022, Top Workplaces USA award (Energage)
- 2017-2022 Top Workplaces Award, Greater Washington Area (The Washington Post)
- 2018-2022 Certified Great Workplace, Great Place to Work®
- 2021 & 2022, Best Workplaces in Consulting & Professional Services™
- 2021 Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials™
- 2018 Fortune, Great Place to Work: Best Place to Work for Diversity
- 2020- 2022, 2017, Top Workplace Award, South Carolina (Greenville Business Magazine, Columbia Business Monthly, and Charleston Business Magazine)
- 2022 Freedom Award, Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR), Department of Defense
- 2018, Above & Beyond Award, Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR), Department of Defense
If your goal is to help the federal government deploy leading technologies, improve financial management, or defend the nation in cyberspace, MIL welcomes you. Become a part of something greater, where you, the people, make the difference. The MIL Corporation is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.