Responsibilities & Qualifications
As a SharePoint Architect / SharePoint Online (SPO) SME, you will provide both technical and functional expertise in SharePoint and SharePoint Online (SPO) migration. You will provide applied subject matter expertise to governance, knowledge and data management, solution development, high level analysis, collection, assessment, migration, design, development, modeling, simulation, integration, installation, testing, training, documentation, and implementation. You will resolve problems which require an intimate knowledge of the related subject matter and apply principles and methods of the subject matter to specialized solutions.RESPONSIBILITIES
• Functions as the primary SharePoint (on-premises) and SharePoint Online (SPO) expert across multiple project teams and across functional units (where appropriate), while serving as a key coordinator between multiple project teams to document and implement new initiatives.
• Assumes a lead role in the creation of the Governance, CONOPS, and SOP documentation for SharePoint Online (SPO).
• Develop and design architecture for the SPO environment.
• Provides input into SharePoint technologies training and best practice guidance documentation as needed.
• Assists in design and implementation of required components. This includes architecture, STIG application, system hardening, file system structures, workflows, and solutions as it applies to SharePoint Online (SPO).
• Assists with architecture and implementation of new solutions approved for integration as pertains to SharePoint and SharePoint Online (SPO).
• Assists with testing, management, and reporting of new and existing capabilities in SharePoint Online (SPO) and SharePoint.
• Works with the SharePoint Developers and Engineers as needed to assist with design of appropriate solutions to meet customer needs and expectations.
• Participates in team and customer interactions to analyze, design, and document SharePoint solutions and architecture suited to specific business needs and processes.
• Oversees and assists with assessments, documentation, and presentation of results to customers in preparation for migrations of their current SharePoint to SharePoint Online.
• Works with project teams and customers to plan, document, oversee and/or assist with migrations of customer data into SharePoint Online.
• Provides guidance on installation, configuration, documentation, and maintenance of virtual hosts, operating systems, applications and databases.
• Maintains ownership of high availability, high security IT operations.
• Develops and presents IT infrastructure standard operating procedures to senior management. Reviews and approves periodic status updates on scheduled maintenance and upgrade of all infrastructure systems.
• Troubleshoots operating systems, network, storage, identity, virtualization, software and application issues to identify bottleneck in operations and provides recommendations to ensure optimum performance and continuity of critical systems.
• Recognized for ability to develop in-depth knowledge of a specific product or families of enterprise applications, such as Enterprise IT management products, and associated applications interface technologies.
• Utilizes technical area expertise to assess the operational and/or technical baseline of an organization as specifically associated with its functional components.REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Fifteen (15) or more years of experience.
• Top-Secret clearance required with SCI or SCI eligibility.
• DoD 8570 Level II or III compliant certification and computing environment certifications required.Overview
We are seeking a SharePoint Architect to join our team at TekSynap.
TekSynap is a fast growing high-tech company that understands both the pace of technology today and the need to have a comprehensive well planned information management environment. "Technology moving at the speed of thought" embodies these principles - the need to nimbly utilize the best that information technology offers to meet the business needs of our Federal Government customers.
We offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability plans, vacation time and holidays.
Visit us at www.TekSynap.com .
Apply now to explore jobs with us!
The safety and health of our employees is of the utmost importance. Employees are required to comply with any contractually mandated Federal COVID-19 requirements. More information can be found here .
By applying to a role at TekSynap you are providing consent to receive text messages regarding your interview and employment status. If at any time you would like to opt out of text messaging, respond "STOP".Additional Job Information COMPETENCIES
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Establish Focus
- Change Management
- Develop Others
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
- Interpersonal Awareness
- Build Relationships
- Analytical Thinking
- Conceptual Thinking
- Strategic Thinking
- Technical Expertise
- Foster Innovation
- Results Oriented
- Customer Service
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Location: Fort Belvoir, VA
- Type of environment: Office
- Noise level: Low
- Work schedule: Schedule is day shift Monday - Friday. May be requested to work evenings and weekends to meet program and contract needs.
- Amount of Travel: 10%
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle, feel, touch; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 10 pounds. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 25 pounds; and up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE
Top-Secret clearance required with SCI or SCI eligibility. OTHER DUTIES
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. TekSynap does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, national origin, disability, age, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as "protected status"). This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment as well as the use of all company facilities, participation in all company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions such as promotions, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
TekSynap is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please contact email@example.com for assistance.