Responsibilities & QualificationsRESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides data management support for a large, high-visibility area of responsibility.
- Support in all aspects of the data management lifecycle, with a focus on advancing data management tasks, tracking data lifecycle processes, and implementation of the Sponsor's rules and regulations. The work may be performed independently or within a team environment.
- Skills in metadata and data management; cataloging; data ingestion; data sharing; and strong interpersonal skills to be able to work with other units as required.
- Identify and catalog datasets relevant to the AOR and track datasets through their lifecycle; catalog datasets and records of varying volume, content, and structure following Sponsor requirements, standard operations procedures, and best practices, and provide ad hoc reports from the data catalog on specific topics requested by Sponsor.
- Monitor data submissions and track through ingestion lifecycle; monitor data submissions and track through data ingestion lifecycle; coordinate with the Sponsor and system teams to troubleshoot data management and ingestion issues; and provide support and advice to the Sponsor for data submissions.
- Support the creation of workflows, visuals, and briefing materials for presentations as requested by the Sponsor; participate in regular meetings under the direction of the Sponsor; coordinate with the Sponsor to adjust data management priorities as needed; and provide support to the Sponsor's organization for data sharing with other organizations.
- Support the Sponsor's data compliance objectives by monitoring, tracking, and updating email groups and the training status of stakeholders and coordinate with the Sponsor to ensure all data handling decisions are tracked in enterprise data catalog.
- Active TS/SCI + Poly clearance
- Bachelor's degree and 10 years of experience. Work experience can be used/combined with education
- Experience using required processes to move data between systems or networks.
- Experience cataloging datasets.
- Experience working independently and as a team.
- Experience communicating with officers at multiple levels of seniority, including technical and non-technical officers.
- Experience understanding and communicating information about data, including data characterizations such as type, size, and other metadata.
- Experience collaborating with programmers, engineers, and organizational leaders to identify opportunities for process improvements, recommend system modifications, and develop policies for data governance.
- Experience using graphs, infographics and other methods to visualize data.
- Experience developing presentations and reports based on recommendations and findings for internal teams and external clients.
- Experience working through required processes to move data between systems or networks at the Sponsor's organization.
- Experience working with the Sponsor's enterprise data catalog.
- Experience working with data and information with unique security concerns.
- Experience applying organizational skills to complex projects.
- Experience working through required processes to move data between the Sponsor's organization and other organizations.
- Experience conducting full lifecycle analysis to include requirements, activities and design.
- Experience creating appropriate documentation for stakeholders to effectively communicate trends, patterns, and predictions using relevant data.E
We are seeking a Data Scientist to join our team in McLean, VA.
TekSynap is a fast growing high-tech company that understands both the pace of technology today and the need to have a comprehensive well planned information management environment. "Technology moving at the speed of thought" embodies these principles - the need to nimbly utilize the best that information technology offers to meet the business needs of our Federal Government customers.
We offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability plans, vacation time and holidays.
Visit us at www.TekSynap.com .
Apply now to explore jobs with us!
The safety and health of our employees is of the utmost importance. Employees are required to comply with any contractually mandated Federal COVID-19 requirements. More information can be found here .
By applying to a role at TekSynap you are providing consent to receive text messages regarding your interview and employment status. If at any time you would like to opt out of text messaging, respond "STOP".Additional Job Information COMPETENCIES
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Establish Focus
- Change Management
- Develop Others
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
- Interpersonal Awareness
- Build Relationships
- Analytical Thinking
- Conceptual Thinking
- Strategic Thinking
- Technical Expertise
- Foster Innovation
- Results Oriented
- Customer Service
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Location: Herndon, VA
- Type of environment: Office
- Noise level: Medium
- Work schedule: Schedule is Monday- Friday, dayshift. May be requested to work evenings and weekends to meet program and contract needs.
- Amount of Travel: Less than 10%
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle, feel, touch; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 10 pounds. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 25 pounds; and up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE
Active TS/SCI + Poly Clearance OTHER DUTIES
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. TekSynap does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, national origin, disability, age, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as "protected status"). This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment as well as the use of all company facilities, participation in all company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions such as promotions, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
TekSynap is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.