Responsibilities & Qualifications RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate A&A kickoff meeting for authorizations and reauthorizations.
- Provide data categorization guidance to system owners.
- Provide DoD Information Technology Portfolio Repository (DITPR) and eMASS registration guidance to system owners.
- Provide security control selection and monitoring strategy guidance to system owners.
- Perform security plan reviews for approval (RMF Step 2 approval).
- POA&M Management (status, mitigations, and remediation strategies) oversite.
- Risk acceptance reviews and recommendations to the Authorizing Official.
- Running ACAS scans, SCAP scans and manually going through STIG checklists.
- Very strong technical experience on Microsoft.
- Conducting required vulnerability analysis to support mitigation and residual risk determination.
- Supporting the continuous monitoring program as necessary when Information System Continuous Monitoring (ISCM) results will be used to support continuing authorization requirements or ongoing authorizations.
- Expert with RMF accreditation packages.
- Experience in all steps of the RMF process.
- Expert in evaluating security controls and compliance on a variety of hardware and software systems.
- Expert with eMASS.
- Ability to work effectively independently as well as within a team environment.
- Experience with writing SSPs
- Ten (10) or more years of experience.
- Top-Secret clearance required with SCI or SCI eligibility.
- DoD 8570 IAT Level II or III compliant certification and computing environment certifications required.
We are seeking an Information Systems Security Engineer to support our Prime Contract with the Defense Threat Reduction Agency.
TekSynap is a fast growing high-tech company that understands both the pace of technology today and the need to have a comprehensive well planned information management environment.We"Technology moving at the speed of thought" embodies these principles - the need to nimbly utilize the best that information technology offers to meet the business needs of our Federal Government customers.
We offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability plans, vacation time and holidays.
Visit us at www.TekSynap.com .
Apply now to explore jobs with us! Additional Job Information COMPETENCIES
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Establish Focus
- Change Management
- Develop Others
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
- Interpersonal Awareness
- Build Relationships
- Analytical Thinking
- Conceptual Thinking
- Strategic Thinking
- Technical Expertise
- Foster Innovation
- Results Oriented
- Customer Service
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Location: Fort Belvoir, Va
- Type of environment: Office,
- Noise level: Low
- Work schedule: Schedule is day shift Monday - Friday. May be requested to work evenings and weekends to meet program and contract needs.
- Amount of Travel: 10%
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle, feel, touch; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 10 pounds. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 25 pounds; and up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE
Top-Secret clearance required with SCI or SCI eligibility. OTHER DUTIES
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. TekSynap does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as "protected status"). This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment as well as the use of all company facilities, participation in all company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions such as promotions, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.