Responsibilities & Qualifications
BOEM and BSEE are responsible for managing the nation's offshore energy, minerals, and natural resources on the Federal Outer Continental Shelf (OCS). BSEE promotes safety, protects the environment, and conserves resources offshore through vigorous regulatory oversight and enforcement. BOEM manages the responsible exploration and development of offshore energy and marine mineral resources on the OCS. OCS production accounts for about 18 percent of domestic crude oil and four percent of domestic natural gas supply.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Document, diagnose, escalate and resolve trouble tickets
- Provide technical assistance to users
- Provide documentation support and author knowledge management articles
- Apply ITIL best Practices
- Assist with project coordination and status tracking of work
- Develop templates to assist in communications
- Provides support for work that is varied and somewhat difficult, but that involves limited responsibility.
- Provides technical support for elements such as: complex processes, structural elements, electric/electronic components, equipment, applications, systems, software, networks, satellites, telecommunications, facilities, or machinery.
- Support can include, but is not limited to, elements such as: research, studies, requirements/specifications definition, analysis, assessments, planning, acquisition, design, development, integration, overseeing, manufacture, construction, testing, installation, performance tuning, operation, deployment, or maintenance.
- Interfaces with users during the support process and may support user training.
- Develops/prepares technical documentation. Uses applicable methodologies, modeling/estimating techniques, tools, applications, systems, software, or databases to perform assigned tasks.
- Ensures compliance with the standards and organization requirements relative to specific assignments.
- May provide staff/project supervision..
- Five years of experience solving computer, business, scientific, engineering, policy/compliance or other discipline system/process problems. Has knowledge of commonly used information technology concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Math, Physics, Engineering or other applicable discipline
- DOI Background Investigation, Entry on Duty
We are seeking a Mission Analyst III to join our team supporting DOI BSEE TIMS contract in New Orleans, LA.
TekSynap is a fast growing high-tech company that understands both the pace of technology today and the need to have a comprehensive well planned information management environment. "Technology moving at the speed of thought" embodies these principles - the need to nimbly utilize the best that information technology offers to meet the business needs of our Federal Government customers.
We offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability plans, vacation time and holidays.
Visit us at www.TekSynap.com .
Apply now to explore jobs with us!
The safety and health of our employees is of the upmost importance. Employees are required to comply with any contractually mandated Federal COVID-19 requirements. More information can be found here .
By applying to a role at TekSynap you are providing consent to receive text messages regarding your interview and employment status. If at any time you would like to opt out of text messaging, respond "STOP".Additional Job Information COMPETENCIES
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Establish Focus
- Change Management
- Develop Others
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
- Interpersonal Awareness
- Build Relationships
- Analytical Thinking
- Conceptual Thinking
- Strategic Thinking
- Technical Expertise
- Foster Innovation
- Results Oriented
- Customer Service
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Location: New Orleans, LA
- Type of environment: Office, Telework may be available
- Noise level: (Low-Medium)
- Work schedule: Schedule is day shift Monday - Friday. May be requested to work evenings and weekends to meet program and contract needs.
- Amount of Travel: Less than 10%
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle, feel, touch; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 10 pounds. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 25 pounds; and up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE
Positions require a DOI Entrance on Duty (EOD) OTHER DUTIES
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. TekSynap does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as "protected status"). This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment as well as the use of all company facilities, participation in all company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions such as promotions, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.