5444 Westheimer (31761), United States of America, Houston, Texas
Manager, Treasury Management Consultant II
This role is focused on generating new to the bank and developing existing full-service treasury management relationships. This individual will be responsible for directly and/or indirectly selling and maintaining depository accounts and the treasury management services applied to those accounts for new and existing Capital One relationships. This role will be supporting middle market clients covering all of the Greater Houston Area. The Treasury Management Consultant (TMC) partners with internal stakeholders to be the single point of accountability and/or advise on prospects' and clients' deposit, treasury management, risk and other company liquidity needs. The TMC builds a book of business through deposit growth, maintaining and cross-selling existing clients, and prospecting for new-to-bank relationships.
The TMC on the Treasury Management Sales team works to identify ways to improve the client experience and enhance Capital One's brand in the marketplace. Seen as a trusted advisor, the TMC works closely with commercial clients to understand their business, optimize cash flow and minimize financial and reputational risk. They focus on creating and delivering customized client centric solutions through a consultative approach. Leveraging their network and collaborating across business lines, the TMC influences strategy to meet the needs of clients while using sound judgment in assessing risk. The TMC values and fosters a spirit of teamwork and cooperation across value streams. This position works independently and uses initiative in carrying out assignments; requiring limited guidance from the sales leader. Responsibilities:
- Identifies both internal and external prospects. Develops and maintains relationships with prospects to profitably expand business
- Provides thought leadership within and outside the market through, but not limited to, hosting corporate events, attending and speaking at industry conferences, etc.
- Engages with internal marketing in the design of sales collateral and company-sponsored marketing
- Manages portfolio of existing clients with focus on profitable, organic revenue growth and minimizing attrition
- Manages portfolio of new-to-bank clients with focus on revenue growth
- Develops and maintains relationships with clients to maintain and expand existing business.
- Knows business's, organization, expected activity; identifies and communicates operational credit exposures and other risks
- Understands treasury management product risk and ensures Capital One credit policies and other risks (e.g., reputational, legal) are adhered to and mitigated
- Establishes appropriate expectations for onboarding including execution of documentation and ensure ramp of sold services
- Conducts independent and codependent sales calls on companies to generate new, high-quality and profitable Treasury Management and deposit business to achieve or exceed specific YoY growth goals
- Takes a role in market by actively engaging in local industry associations, networking groups and /or community associations
- Identifies working capital efficiency opportunities for a business and deepens relationship accordingly; ensures business awareness of market and industry trends; identifies dissatisfiers and escalates appropriately
- Identifies and refers ancillary business opportunities to appropriate partners
- Designs customer-centric treasury management solutions, and provides consultative expertise on the liquidity management cycle
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent certification
- At least 4 years Financial Services experience
- At least 3 years of Sales experience
- At least 3 years of Treasury Management experience
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
- Bachelor's Degree or Military experience
- At least 4 years in-depth treasury management experience or related experience
- Basic to in-depth treasury management product knowledge
- Strong financial and business acumen
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Certified Treasury Professional designation or equivalent certification
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender reassignment, citizenship, immigration status, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).