Locations: VA - Richmond, United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
Principal Risk Specialist, Anti-Money Laundering (AML) - Models and Advanced Data Insights (MADI) TeamAs a Principal Risk Specialist within the Anti-Money Laundering (AML)/ Models and Advanced Data Insights (MADI) organization, you will be supporting teams with Lean/Agile delivery best practices, helping ensure highest priority work flows smoothly, while balancing team health. The role will be working with cross functional teams that include Business Analysts, Data Analysts, Data Engineers, Risk Managers, and Software engineers. You will play a key role ensuring delivery of work, continuous improvement of team work deliverables, risk/impediment management and enhancing the internal processes / tools that support the MADI program. On any given day you will be:
The Successful Candidate :
- Working with & supporting multiple teams to ensure work flows consistently and any risks/ impediments are addressed and escalated immediately
- Building relationships, collaborating and communicating directly with product and key stakeholders to manage the flow of work and ensure delivery of commitments
- Designing, developing, and managing Jira boards / project plans in a complex dynamic environment
- Ensuring work is planned appropriately to mitigate risk and to be delivered on time - Provide visibility into delivery targets, commitments, and progress
- Working with Product to effectively prioritize, scope and make visible capacity (resources)
- Partnering cross-functionally with product, tech, and analysts to deliver work in an Agile supported environment
- Implementing and maintaining key metrics in order to drive continuous improvement
- Providing subject matter expertise and training on Agile and Project Mgt / Risk Mgt processes- Ensuring team(s) maintains focus on quality and continuous delivery
- Showing a willingness to learn and an intellectual curiosity to better understand AML and business processes to identify areas for improvement
- Demonstrates outstanding communication and partnership skills that are essential for interacting and communicating with key stakeholders across all levels
- Effectively influences efforts and delivers work through cross functional partnering teams
- Guides teams to solve complex problems and drives action across the team
- Has a bias towards action and iteration, with an ability to prioritize efforts against key deliverables
- Considers end to end impacts (the big picture) in team planning and decision making
- Is technology fluent (or conversational) - need to be able to work in a technology world
- Comfortable and capable of leading cross team meetings and ceremonies
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent certification
- At least 2 years of Agile Delivery Lead experience
- At least 2 years of Project Management or Risk Management experience
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
- Bachelor's degree
- 4 years of Agile Delivery Lead/Scrum Master experience in Financial Services or Tech company
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM), or Certified Scrum Professional (CSP), or Project Management Institute's (PMI)'s, or Agile Certified Professional (ACP) certification(s)
- Project Management Professional (PMP), Lean, Agile or Six Sigma certification
- SAFe certification or experience, or other scaled agile frameworks
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender reassignment, citizenship, immigration status, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).