RequirementsConditions of Employment
- Works as an assistant for the Facilities Operations Team Leader who makes specific assignments, explains polices and procedures and reviews work for quantity and quality of completed projects.
- Job may require work in various facilities depending on requirements as determined by customer demand or programmed activities. Opens and/or closes facilities by locking/unlocking doors and windows, and assuring security system is operable.
- Issues/receives recreational equipment to authorized users. Collects applicable fees for items issued, accounts for monies collected safeguards funds and makes daily bank deposits.
- Pre-checks and prepares equipment for customers, explains use, and monitors proper usage. Conducts surveillance of total facility and reports any unusual findings to supervisor.
- Cleans recreation equipment, supplies and facility area. Operates equipment and performs self-help maintenance on facilities and equipment. Prepares work order for maintenance which cannot be completed by self-help.
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required.
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position.
- A one year probationary period may be required.
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check.
- Subject to satisfactory completion of all pre-employment checks in accordance with AR 215-3, para.2 to include a Tier 1 background investigation.
- Must be able to work weekends, nights, holidays, rotating shifts.
- Must be able to set up for special events and runs in varying climates.
Experience in performing duties as described and the ability to follow oral and written instructions involving those duties. If the position requires the incumbent to operate a vehicle. The incumbent must have a valid driver's license. Education
This job does not have an education qualification requirement. Additional information Area of Consideration:
- The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is Local (Within a 50-mile commuting radius of Fort Belvoir, Virginia). (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)
Allowances, Incentives, and PCS Costs:
- If you are unable to apply online, you may submit your application package using a manual application method. Please contact the NAF Human Resources Office or representative listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form. All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than 3:00 PM EST by 10/02/2023 in order to process your application in a timely manner. Please note that neglecting to respond to the job related questions may result in an ineligible rating.
Please check out our Applicant Information Kit:
- Allowances, differentials, or incentives will not be paid.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs are not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move in the Government's interest.
- It contains additional information applicants may find useful when applying for our jobs. (To view the kit, click or copy and paste this URL: https://publicfileshare.chra.army.mil/Applicants/NAF%20Applicant%20Information%20Kit.pdf ).
- Information may be requested regarding the vaccination status of selectees for the purposes of implementing workplace safety protocols. For more information, visit https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/faq/vaccinations/
- Additional referrals may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Applications are valid for 90 days after submission date. Applicants will be referred to selecting officials as additional vacancies occur.