Summary Technical Writer II Lorton, VA
Chenega Analytic Business Solutions (CABS) provides federal agencies and commercial customers with trusted insights into Records and Information Management, Administrative Solutions, Information Technology, Engineering, and Training. Formed in 2017 to serve federal and commercial customers, CABS is 8(a) certified and has grown quickly into a leader in the federal IT and Training environment.
The Technical Writer II
shall write, rewrite, and/or edit technical documents in support of program operations. Responsibilities
- Write, rewrite, and/or edit technical documents, such as technical procedure manuals, user manuals, programming manuals, service manuals, operational specifications, and related technical publications to communicate clearly and effectively technical specifications and instructions to a wide range of audiences.
- Acquire subject knowledge by interviewing product developers, observing the performance of production methods, and referring to technical specifications, blueprints, engineering illustrations, and trade journals.
- Oversee preparation of illustrative materials, selecting drawings, sketches, diagrams, and charts.
- Conduct a quality review of materials.
- Complete annual company and customer-required training, as required.
- Complete timesheets daily in an online system according to company policies and procedures.
- Travel up to 10% as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree with 2+ years of experience OR
- High school diploma or GED equivalent with 6+ years of experience
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Background check required
How you'll grow
- Ability to pass customer security requirements.
- Possess strong written communication, including editorial skills.
- Advanced knowledge of computer software applications, including Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Must have the ability to provide solutions to problems or questions relating to the Technical Data products.
- Ability to coordinate and integrate the work activities of several different projects.
- Ability to communicate with others effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to interact with all levels of staff, government personnel, and management.
- Ability to attend all customer in-person meetings and conferences as requested.
- Possess excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize.
- Ability to multi-task in a high-performance-based environment.
- Ability to travel 10% as required.
At Chenega MIOS, our professional development plan focuses on helping our team members at every level of their careers to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn.
We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their careers. Benefits
At Chenega MIOS, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our team members and offer them a broad range of benefits.
Learn more about what working at Chenega MIOS can mean for you. Chenega MIOS's culture
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our team members to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and continuously look for new ways to maintain a culture where we excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Corporate citizenship
Chenega MIOS is led by a purpose to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our team members, and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities.
Learn more about Chenega's impact on the world.
Chenega MIOS News- https://chenegamios.com/news/ Tips from your Talent Acquisition Team
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Chenega MIOS to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your research, we suggest you review the following links:
Chenega MIOS web site - www.chenegamios.com
Glassdoor - https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Chenega-MIOS-EI_IE369514.11,23.htm
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/1472684/
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/chenegamios/
#Chenega Analytic Business Solutions, LLC Estimated Salary/Wage
Up to USD $45.67/Hr.
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program