ERP International, LLC is seeking a Licensd Physical Therapy Assistant for a full-time position supporting Physical Therapy Clinics at Camp Pendleton, CA and Temecula, CA in support of Camp Pendleton, CA.
Be the Best! Join our team of exceptional health care professionals across the nation. Come discover the immense pride and job satisfaction ERP Employees experience in providing care for our Military Members, their Families and Retired Military Veterans! ERP International is honored to have been named one of The Washington Post's 2023 Top Workplaces!
* Excellent Compensation & Exceptional Comprehensive Benefits!
* Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Time, Plus 11 Paid Federal Holidays!
* Medical/Dental/Vision, STD/LTD/Life, and Health Savings Account available!
* Annual CME Stipend and License/Certification Reimbursement!
* Matching 401K!
About ERP International, LLC: ERP is a nationally respected provider of health, science, and technology solutions supporting clients in the government and commercial sectors. We provide comprehensive enterprise information technology, strategic sourcing, and management solutions to DoD and federal civilian agencies in 40 states. Founded in 2006, ERP is headquartered in Laurel, MD and maintains satellite offices in Montgomery, AL and San Antonio, TX - plus project locations nationwide. ERP is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Disability and Veteran.
Monday - Friday 0600-1600 - 8, 9 or 10 hour shifts depending on the departments needs
No Holidays or Weekends!
Job Specific Responsibilities and Tasks: Duties may include but are not limited to:
• Carry out a program of corrective exercise and treatment for assigned patients, as directed by the physical therapist. Under supervision, administer such treatment as exercise, gait training, massage, whirlpool, hot packs, diathermy, ultrasound, paraffin, ice packs and traction. Instruct patients on segments of the program including proper use of wheelchairs, crutches, braces, and prosthetic appliances and devices.
• Administer traction to relieve neck and back pain, using intermittent and static traction equipment. Instruct, motivate, and assist patients to learn and improve functional activities.
• Observe patients during treatments and compile and evaluate data on patients' responses to treatments and progress and report orally or in writing to the physical therapist.
• Fit patients for, adjust, and train patients in the use and care of orthopedic braces, prostheses, and supportive devices, such as crutches, canes, walkers, and wheelchairs.
• Confer with members of the physical therapy staff and other health team members, individually and in conference, to exchange, discuss, and evaluate patient information for planning, modifying, and coordinating treatment programs. Coordinate with other departments and the clinic staff to provide complete care to patients.
• Provide orientation, clinical direction and instruction to new physical therapy assistants and physical therapy aides.
• Perform clerical duties, such as taking inventory, ordering supplies, answering telephone, taking messages, filling out forms, scheduling patients, and staffing the reception area. Maintain and care for department equipment and supplies and storage. Maintain department records and files in accordance with facility policies. Perform coding of patient encounters and workload.
• Measure patient's range-of-joint motion, length and girth of body parts, and vital signs to determine effects of specific treatments or to assist physical therapist to compile data for patient evaluations.
• Monitor treatments administered by physical therapy aides
• Degree: Associates degree
• Education:Graduate from a college or university accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE).
• Experience: Possess a minimum of 2 years of experience within the last 5 years as a physical therapist assistant.
• Licensure: Current, full, active, and unrestricted license to practice as a physical therapy assistant or possess current certification as a physical therapy assistant/technician as determined by the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA).
* Security: Must possess ability to pass a Government background check/security clearance.
* Life Support Certification: Possess a current AHA OR ARC BLS Healthcare Provider certification.
Pay Scale: $39.48 - $40.00 per hour, to be determined based on qualifications, experience, and location