OverviewAssistant Global Corporate Controller, Treasury & Consolidation
US Rockville - Hybrid Role
The Emmes Company, LLC ("Emmes") is a global, full-service Clinical Research Organization dedicated to excellence in supporting the advancement of public health and biopharmaceutical innovation. We believe in the power of truth, so much so that we named our company Emmes, which means truth. Through decades of experience we have learned that collaborative relationships thrive and human health benefits when truth is our compass.
Our "Character Achieves Results" culture is driven by five key values that guide our actions in the way we conduct research and distinguish us as an organization: Integrity, Agility, Passion for Excellence, Collaborative Partnerships and Intellectual Curiosity. We are a trusted partner to clients who share our passion for improving public health in a world of ever-changing scientific research.
If you share our motivations and passion in research, come join us! You will be joining a collaborative culture that empowers every Emmes employee - from entry level through top executive - to contribute to our clients' success by sharing ideas openly and honestly. Primary Purpose
The Assistant Global Corporate Controller, Treasury and Consolidation reports to the Vice President, Corporate Controller and holds a critical role in overseeing treasury management, developing and maintaining banking relationships, optimizing cash utilization, and driving financial consolidation activities. This position guarantees adherence to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), with a focus on cash flow management, treasury-related functions, and consolidating financial data from Emmes' diverse global entities. Leading a team of onshore and offshore accounting personnel, this individual will ensure cross-functional collaboration across multiple departments to ensure accounting best practices are in place for working capital optimization and optimized financial data management. Additionally, this role involves management of accounts payable to ensure effective invoice and payment processing in accordance with the cash management lifecycle. The Assistant Global Corporate Controller, Treasury and Consolidation actively collaborates with cross-functional departments, such as Financial Planning and Analysis and Project Finance, contributing to the effective execution of the company's financial processes. Responsibilities
- Own financial data consolidation processes, techniques, and procedures to ensure accuracy, timeliness, and GAAP compliance. This includes validating data integrity, analyzing and reviewing consolidated financial statements, and providing global reporting support
- Collaborate cross-departmentally to collect and consolidate precise financial data, assisting departments such as Financial Planning and Analysis and Operations Finance
- Ensures proper elimination and reconciliation of intercompany reconciliations with global affiliates
- Manage global cash and bank accounts, managing daily and period-wise reconciliation of accounts, resolving transaction accounting issues, evaluating opportunities to improve banking solutions and providing insights for optimizing the company's cash utilization and working capital
- Oversee period-end close activities, ensuring accurate transaction recording, posting of journal entries, and conducting account reconciliations
- Supervise the offshore accounts payable team, ensuring proper validation, posting, and payment of invoices while coordinating with other departments to address payment or invoicing issues
- Manage and maintain vendor setup, oversee vendor payment schedules, optimizing cash flow and ensuring timely payment processing
- Coordinate positive pay files with banking partners and manage check runs, ACHs and international wires
- Works with the Vice President, Corporate Controller on integration of M&A entities' accounting policies and procedures and ERP systems to ensure standardization of accounting policies, compliance with period-end reporting timelines, and financial statement reporting in compliance with U.S. GAAP
- Closely partners with the Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) function to support data needs and analysis
- Continuously identify opportunities for process improvement, streamline consolidation procedures, and implement automation to enhance overall efficiency
- Collaborate with the VP, Corporate Controller on strategic initiatives, providing valuable financial insights and recommendations for improvements
- Lead and mentor an inclusive team of onshore and offshore accounting professionals, fostering collaboration, growth, and career development
Emmes requires all US based Clinical Research Associate new hires to be fully vaccinated before their first day of employment. All new hires may also be required to comply with other COVID-19 health and safety protocols, such as masking or testing. Emmes complies with all applicable laws regarding reasonable accommodations or exemptions for religious, medical, or other legally protected reasons.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field with 10+ years of experience in accounting, with a minimum of 5 years' experience in global accounting roles with daily interactions with global entities, foreign currency, and statutory reporting outside the US and 5+ years of supervisory experience
- Active Certified Public Accountant
- Experience with global consolidations and financial statement preparation
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
- Experience working with external auditors
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient with MS Office applications, particularly with Excel
- Experience with acquisition integrations preferred
- Experience with ERP implementations is a plus
- Experience with a private equity-backed business is a plus
- Experience working in a Federal Government Contracting environment is a plus
- Ability to work outside the typical business hours to meet reporting and project deadlines
- Experience with Deltek Costpoint and Time & Expense is preferred
Why work at Emmes?
At Emmes, your actions and hard work will have a direct impact on public health initiatives, both globally and in our local communities with opportunities for volunteerism through our Emmes Cares
community engagement program. We offer a competitive benefits package focused on the health and needs of our growing workforce, including:
- Work From Home Anywhere in the US
CONNECT WITH US!
- Casual Dress Code & Work Environment
Follow us on Twitter - @EmmesCRO
Find us on LinkedIn - The Emmes Company, LLC
The Emmes Company, LLC is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.