The TS Technician I position provides user support in resolving software and hardware problems encountered by students, in-school staff, and other employees, as directed by the Director of IT Infrastructure Support Services and various service desk personnel. The position resolves problems and determines appropriate actions for resolution. The position may distribute, maintain, exchange, repair and support a variety of school-based hardware and software technologies. Responsibilities extend to conducting application training and installing program upgrades and service releases.QualificationsEducation:
High School diploma or equivalent.Certificates & Licenses:
Requires a valid driver's license.Experience:
Job related experience is preferred.Essential Functions
- Assists users with computer hardware and/or software applications (e.g. PC, website access, email setup, troubleshooting, etc.) to provide immediate problem resolution and/or referral for resolution.
- Diagnoses hardware and/or software malfunctions.
- Installs hardware and software products on a variety of hardware platforms to provide updated, enhanced and/or upgraded computer capabilities.
- Maintains records (e.g. email users identification, security access, licenses, contracts, hardware specifications, vendor lists, help desk log, work order system, etc.) to provide audit trails, control mechanisms and document department activities.
- Prepares documentation (e.g. instructions, notices, reminders, memos, etc.) to provide written support and/or convey information.
- Researches hardware and software applications and recommends standardized equipment and applications in accordance with the district's technology goals.
- Perform service-related site visits to all ACPS properties (requires valid driver's license).
- Ability is required to schedule activities; gather and/or collate data; and use basic, job-related equipment and lift job related equipment up to 50 lbs.
Public Health Compliance
- Criminal Justice Fingerprint/Background Clearance.
- Tuberculosis Skin Test.
- Proof of COVID vaccination. Exemptions for religious/medical will be reviewed.
- Must follow safety and health protocols.
Central Office Salary Range:
$44,736.00 - $55,046.40 / Technology Services SUP-01 Shift Type: