The TS Technician IV leads the school division's ITS Helpdesk Technicians in the maintenance, repair, and upgrading
of technology equipment to meet the technology needs of the school division.QualificationsEducation:
8 to 10 years experience in job related area.Certificates & Licenses:
8 to 10 years' experience in the maintenance and repair of computer equipment in a network environment.Essential Functions
- Installs, troubleshoots, and maintains computer and network equipment.
- Identifies, analyzes, and repairs equipment failures, orders parts as needed.
- Leads and trains Helpdesk technicians in the support of school division users, networks, and equipment.
- Inspects repair work and equipment for the purpose of ensuring that jobs are completed satisfactorily.
- Responsible for quality control in the function of the Helpdesk hardware staff.
- Administers systems and servers related to district LAN and WAN (e.g. email system, accounts, print queue, workstation ID, IP assignments, computer labs, classroom computers, etc.) to ensure availability of services to authorized users.
- Assesses computer, network or software malfunctions (e.g. application software, computer equipment, network software, etc.) to effect repair and return to operation.
- Coordinates with other staff or vendors to provide Helpdesk dispatch, troubleshooting, and escalation of issues to appropriate personnel for resolution and/or assigning practices for repairs.
- Inspects computer and network equipment requiring specialized computer repair and troubleshooting skills to identify and verify repair needs.
- Installs software products and various peripheral equipment on computers (e.g. application software, scanners, external drives, additional random access memory) to upgrade and improve school district computers.
- Maintains manual and electronic documents, files and records to document activities and/or provide an up-to date reference and audit trail.
- Prepares written materials (e.g. reports, memos, letters, etc.) to document activities, provide written reference and/or convey information.
- Procures equipment, supplies and materials to maintain availability of required items and completing jobs efficiently.
- Repairs computers, peripherals, network equipment and software, requiring specialized computer and electronics repair skills to maintain computer and network equipment in a safe and functional operating condition.
- Responds to inquiries to provide information and/or refer to appropriate personnel.
- Attends meetings as assigned to convey and/or receive information required to perform functions.
- Trains selected personnel for the purpose of ensuring their ability to use new and/or existing software.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned, to ensure the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
Public Health Compliance
- Criminal Justice Fingerprint/Background Clearance.
- Tuberculosis Skin Test.
- Proof of COVID vaccination. Exemptions for religious/medical will be reviewed.
- Must follow safety and health protocols.
Central Office Salary Range:
$73,440.00 - $90,336.00 / Technology Services SUP-04 Shift Type: