US Citizenship:RequiredSummary The MIL Corporation
seeks an Engineering Technician II
to support a DOD customer at our Lexington Park, MD location. Responsibilities
This technician performs simple routine tasks under close supervision or from detailed procedures. Work is checked in progress or on completion. This person performs one or a combination of such typical duties as:
- Read and follow engineering drawings and work instructions.
- Assembling or installing equipment or parts requiring simple wiring, soldering, or connecting.
Approximately 5-10% of the time Required Qualifications
- 2-3 years relevant experience
- Ability to perform necessary activities required for integration, testing, and installation of communications systems.
- Must be able to lift items up to National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) limits.
- Must be able to stand, kneel and/or crouch for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to climb ladders and scaffolding.
- Must be able to work in high places, as well as small, cramped, or confined spaces.
- Must maintain a valid driver's license.
- Very good work ethic (hard worker who is reliable, punctual and shows initiative)
- Great attention to detail
- Good math and reading skills, and legible writing skills
- Experience with hand tools and power tools
- Ability to read and understand architectural/mechanical drawings (ASME Y14.5/DRM experience)
- Ability to install and perform general duties supporting the construction, installation and integration of Information Technology or Telecommunication equipment or subassemblies
- Mechanical integration/installation aptitude
- Some experience with common hand tools
- A basic understanding of wiring, wiring harnesses and wire labeling (knowledge of ANSI/J-STD-001 Soldering Certifications and requirements of IPC-A-610)
- IPC 610, 620, or JSTD Certification(s)
- OSHA 10-Hour or 30-Hour Construction Safety certification
High School diploma or equivalent. Clearance
All applicants for this position must possess a current Secret
clearance; please note that the clearance process takes into account financial background aspects. Compensation
The SCA (Service Contract Act) role at The MIL Corporation is subject to the regulations and guidelines set forth by the U.S. Department of Labor. As an SCA position, it is classified as a service contract and is subject to specific wage determinations and benefit requirements mandated by the government.
The compensation and benefits for the SCA role at The MIL Corporation will be in accordance with the prevailing wage rates and benefits specified by the Department of Labor for the specific job classification and location. The current rate is $22.92 - $28.78 per hour. Why MIL?
The MIL Corporation (MIL) is a dynamic workforce of industry professionals who deliver world-class solutions in cyber, engineering, financial management, and information technology - and we are looking for candidates like you! Whether you're fresh out of college, the military, or well into your professional services career, MIL has great job opportunities that might be a great fit.
Here at MIL, we pride ourselves on the family-like environment instilled amongst our team. Our employees love working here and it truly shows through our various recognitions & awards. Some of our most recent awards include:
- 2021-2022, Top Workplaces USA award (Energage)
- 2017-2022 Top Workplaces Award, Greater Washington Area (The Washington Post)
- 2018-2022 Certified Great Workplace, Great Place to Work®
- 2021 & 2022, Best Workplaces in Consulting & Professional Services™
- 2021 Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials™
- 2018 Fortune, Great Place to Work: Best Place to Work for Diversity
- 2020- 2022, 2017, Top Workplace Award, South Carolina (Greenville Business Magazine, Columbia Business Monthly, and Charleston Business Magazine)
- 2022 Freedom Award, Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR), Department of Defense
- 2018, Above & Beyond Award, Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR), Department of Defense
If your goal is to help the federal government deploy leading technologies, improve financial management, or defend the nation in cyberspace, MIL welcomes you. Become a part of something greater, where you, the people, make the difference. The MIL Corporation is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.