Responsibilities & QualificationsRESPONSIBILITIES
- Telecommunications network design and management.
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently, or under only general direction, on requirements that are moderately complex to analyze, plan, program, and implement.
- Conduct analysis and design of voice networks, WAN and WAN data networks, wireless networks, and/or network management systems to support voice and data services.
- Analyzes and develops telecommunications networks supporting a wide range of capabilities, including voice, data, video, and/or wireless services.
- Develops designs and plans for installation and maintenance of telecommunications systems from project inception to conclusion. Analyzes the problem and the characteristics of the information to be transported.
- Defines the problem and develops system requirements and network specifications.
- Closely coordinates with other information system professionals to ensure proper implementation of network services.
- Develops alternative solutions and backup plans in conjunction with functional users
- Conduct management of the above areas
- Evaluation and cost estimation of voice and data WAN services from telecommunications carriers, designing access and backbone networks using carrier services, or in managing the analysis and design of wireless voice or data networks (using private radio facilities or commercial services).
- Provides technical and administrative direction for personnel responsible for telecommunications network design, implementation, and operations tasks, including the review of work products for correctness, adherence to the design concept and to user standards and progress in accordance with schedules.
- Makes recommendations, if needed, for approval of major network installations.
- Prepares milestone status reports, and deliveries/ presentations on network progress to colleagues, subordinates, and end user representatives.
- Minimum Experience: Ten (10) years relevant experience with at least 8 years of local or wide area network experience.
- Security/Certification Requirements:
- Sensitivity Level: IT-I - Critical Sensitive
- Clearance: Secret
- IA Level: IAT-II
- Computing Environment: CCSE NGX, CCNA, CCNP, CCSP, SCNA, CCSE NGX Plus
NG with AI, CCMSE NG with AI, CSMSE NG with AI Plus VSX, NSA, ESE
We are seeking a Senior Network Engineer to join our team supporting Joint Service Provider Infrastructure Support in Columbus, OH or New Cumberland, PA
Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) is an agency of the Department of Defense. DLA Information Operations, Enterprise Infrastructure Services (EIS), Network & Telecommunications Services (NTS), Wide Area Network Branch (NTS-WAN), located enterprise wide at multiple DLA
locations. This position supports WAN functions by providing skills and expertise in telecom engineering and operational support of current and new technologies to the Wide Area Network (WAN). This position provides and administers management solutions to ensure effective daily operation and to resolve problems as they arise.
TekSynap is a fast growing high-tech company that understands both the pace of technology today and the need to have a comprehensive well planned information management environment. "Technology moving at the speed of thought" embodies these principles - the need to nimbly utilize the best that information technology offers to meet the business needs of our Federal Government customers.
We offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability plans, vacation time and holidays.
Visit us at www.TekSynap.com .
Apply now to explore jobs with us!
The safety and health of our employees is of the utmost importance. Employees are required to comply with any vaccination requirements mandated by contract, applicable law or regulation.
By applying to a role at TekSynap you are providing consent to receive text messages regarding your interview and employment status. If at any time you would like to opt out of text messaging, respond "STOP".Additional Job Information COMPETENCIES
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Establish Focus
- Change Management
- Develop Others
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
- Interpersonal Awareness
- Build Relationships
- Analytical Thinking
- Conceptual Thinking
- Strategic Thinking
- Technical Expertise
- Foster Innovation
- Results Oriented
- Customer Service
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Location: Columbus, OH; New Cumberland, PA
- Type of environment: Office, Hybrid
- Noise level: (Low, Medium, High)
- Work schedule: Schedule is day shift Sunday - Thursday or Tuesday - Saturday - 0800-1630. May be requested to work later or on-call as mission requirements need.
- Amount of Travel:0%-15%
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle, feel, touch; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 10 pounds. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 25 pounds; and up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE
Secret Clearance OTHER DUTIES
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. TekSynap does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, national origin, disability, age, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as "protected status"). This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment as well as the use of all company facilities, participation in all company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions such as promotions, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
TekSynap is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.