Center 3 (19075), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Principal Associate, Technology Risk Guide
As a Technology Risk Guide Principal in Capital One's Enterprise Services (ES) Risk organization, you will apply your risk management skills to the company's Technology organization. You will partner across Technology, Divisional CIO, and Cyber Security teams to develop and support best-in-class industry risk solutions in a manner that supports innovation and protects our customers, shareholders and associates. You will collaborate with second lines of defense to lead and implement risk and control tools, techniques, and frameworks for the Technology organization, as well as provide direct tech risk guide services into our first line Divisional CIO teams. Your contributions will drive organizational change through risk identification, measurement, analysis and reporting in order to better manage the company's risk in an open and collaborative environment.
Technology Risk Guide Principal's are experienced and progressive individuals that operate within a highly collaborative team environment to deliver value-added risk management services to our Technology savvy business partners. You will have a high level of exposure across lines of business and have the opportunity to work with Executives to create and implement innovative solutions to identify and mitigate potential risks to the Company. Proficiency in risk management program (ideally Technology risk-driven program) development and management are key to success in this role. The successful candidate will be an experienced risk management professional who understands technology functions and organizations, with strong analytical, planning, strategic thinking, organizational and communication skills. This role will primarily provide first line risk advisory and challenge for our Tech lines business, with significant interaction with other areas within all three lines of defense. Responsibilities :
Basic Qualifications :
- Serve as the primary Technology Risk Guide for Divisional CIO Leadership Team, Top of House Leadership Team and respective software engineering teams to propel technology risk agenda and help DCIO LT make informed decisions in supporting their business partners.
- Build successful relationships with Tech, Cyber, Enterprise Risk, business risk offices and team members to understand the impact of technology risk on critical business processes
- Support Risk Identification processes such as Risk Control and Self Assessments (RCSAs), and Targeted Risk Assessment, Process Level Assessments (PLAs), and Exception Management to validate appropriateness as well as identify and gaps/issues to remediation, build tools, templates, and job aids.
- Evaluate new products and initiatives from the technology risk perspective through the new product governance process
- Influence leaders within the Tech organization, Business Risk Offices, Compliance, Cyber, second line risk organizations, and Internal Audit on key technology risks and actions needed
- Conduct periodic risk reviews with the executives and support reporting for technology risk metrics
- Support documentation of processes and process flow diagrams, controls reporting dashboards, and controls health monitoring
- Manage, and govern deliverables for enterprise programs and initiatives.
- Develop risk analysis, perform deep dive investigations, and drive specific risk initiatives to minimize risk posture and strengthen overall control suite effectiveness
- Design and support internal risk and control governance processes.
- Participate in enterprise Tech Risk forums and relevant councils
- Understand regulatory requirements and anticipate changes to help ensure proper alignment with internal requirements and frameworks
- Identify and implement continual tech risk program enhancements based on industry standards and best practices in alignment with Capital One's strategic risk direction
Preferred Qualifications :
- At least 3 years of Risk Management Experience
- At least 2 years of Project Management experience
- At least 2 years of experience in a leadership capacity on cross-functional teams
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
- 5 + years of Project Management experience leading cross functional projects in Risk
- CISA, CRISC, CISSP, CEH and/or other Industry Risk Professional Certification
- 1+ experience managing risks, governance, and controls for technology, digital products, and solutions.
- 1+ experience with Risk Management frameworks, ITGC, cloud environments
- Cloud risk, governance, control, and security experience
The minimum and maximum full-time annual salaries for this role are listed below, by location. Please note that this salary information is solely for candidates hired to perform work within one of these locations, and refers to the amount Capital One is willing to pay at the time of this posting. Salaries for part-time roles will be prorated based upon the agreed upon number of hours to be regularly worked.
New York City (Hybrid On-Site): $131,400 - $150,000 for Prin Assoc, Cyber Risk & Analysis
Candidates hired to work in other locations will be subject to the pay range associated with that location, and the actual annualized salary amount offered to any candidate at the time of hire will be reflected solely in the candidate's offer letter.
This role is also eligible to earn performance based incentive compensation, which may include cash bonus(es) and/or long term incentives (LTI). Incentives could be discretionary or non discretionary depending on the plan.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender reassignment, citizenship, immigration status, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).