RequirementsConditions of Employment
- Works as an assistant for the Facilities Operations Team Leader who makes specific assignments, explains policies and procedures and reviews work for quantity and quality of completed projects.
- Job may require work in various facilities depending on requirements as determined by customer demand or programmed activities.
- Opens and/or closes facilities by locking/unlocking doors and windows and assuring security system is operable.
- Monitors inventories and number and condition of items on hand. Coordinates with program staff to ensure adequate equipment is available in sufficient time to conduct program activities.
- Removes damaged or unusable equipment from inventory. Cleans recreation equipment, supplies and facility area.
Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required.
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position.
- A one year probationary period may be required.
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check.
- Satisfactorily complete a physical examination prior to entrance on duty.
- Must be able to lift 25lbs.
- Must have and retain a valid driver's license.
1. Demonstrated ability to performs the duties described above (Secure facility, issue equipment to customers, collect fees, and monitor inventory).
2. Must have and retain a valid state Driver's License. Highly Preferred Criteria:
Previous experience with graphic design.
Eligible applications received before or on the cut-off date of 8/25/2023
will be referred to the selecting official(s) for consideration.NOTE: Those who meet the minimum qualifications and the highly preferred criteria will be referred to management first. Experience must be fully identifiable in your resume. To view a full position description of a Recreation Assistant (Facilities Operator) click here Education
This job does not have an education qualification requirement. Additional information Area of Consideration:
- The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is Fort Meade, Maryland Local Commuting Area . (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)
Allowances, Incentives, and PCS Costs:
- If you are unable to apply online, you may submit your application package using a manual application method. Please contact the NAF Human Resources Office or representative listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form. All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than 3:00pm by 10/16/2023 in order to process your application in a timely manner. Please note that neglecting to respond to the job-related questions may result in an ineligible rating.
Please check out our Applicant Information Kit:
- Allowances, differentials, or incentives will not be paid.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs are not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's interest.
- It contains additional information applicants may find useful when applying for our jobs. (To view the kit, click or copy and paste this URL: https://publicfileshare.chra.army.mil/Applicants/NAF%20Applicant%20Information%20Kit.pdf ).
- Information may be requested regarding the vaccination status of selectees for the purposes of implementing workplace safety protocols. For more information, visit https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/faq/vaccinations/
- Additional referrals may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Applications are valid for 90 days after submission date. Applicants will be referred to selecting officials as additional vacancies occur.