RequirementsConditions of Employment
- Incumbent performs duties under the verbal and written direction of the facility director. Assistance and guidance is normally available at all times. Work is reviewed in terms of results achieved IAW standards and procedures.
- Responsible for the operation of the Child and Youth Services (CYS) Homework Center in accordance with applicable regulations. As part of the on ratio staff, provides assistance to participants in strengthening their academic and learning skills.
- Develops linkages with parents, School Liaison Officer, other CYS Program Associates and volunteer tutors to ensure homework center is fully integrated into all applicable program settings.
- Plans, coordinates, and conducts activities for program participants based on observed needs of individual children/youth. Models appropriate behaviors and techniques for working with children/youth.
- Works with senior staff to provide instruction and training to lower level employees on working in the homework center. Provides input to CYS training plan based on observed training needs. Secures supplies, equipment, and facilities.
- Must be 18 years of age or older at time of appointment or placement into the position.
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required.
- Meet qualification/eligibility/physical/background requirements for this position.
- Must have current health assessment which documents good mental and physical health, freedom from communicable disease, and immunizations in accordance with current Army and DoD policy including annual influenza vaccinations.
- A one year probationary period may be required (either initially or upon conversion, if applicable).
- Successful completion of annual training requirements within the prescribed time frame and demonstrated on the job competence is required.
- May be subject to an irregular hours, evening and or weekends.
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) Check.
1. Possess a high school diploma or GED certificate.
2. Be able to communicate in English (both written and verbal).
3. Be 18 years of age at the time of appointment.
4. Possess and maintain the physical ability to lift and carry up to 40 lbs, walk, bend, and stoop and stand on a routine basis.
5. Possess and maintain health and freedom from communicable disease.
6. Possess and maintain a CDA/School-Age/Youth Credential (including Boys and Girls Clubs of America)/Army Youth Practicum
7. Possess 12 months of experience working in a related field
1. Possess BA/BS degree with a major emphasis on ECE, Elementary Education, Child Development, Home Economics, Special Education or a related field.
2. Possess work experience directly related to the duties to be preformed.
3. Ability to communicate in English (both written and verbal).
4. Be 18 years of age at the time of appointment.
5. Possess and maintain the physical ability to lift and carry up to 40 lbs, walk, bend, and stoop and stand on a routine basis.
6. Possess and maintain health and freedom from communicable disease.Education
Proof of education is required at the time of application, if applicable.Additional information Area of Consideration
The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is the local commuting area of Fort Meade, Anne Arundel, Maryland. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) Preference eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.) Proof of education is required at the time of application.
This is an open continuous announcement to provide a ready pool of available applicants as needed. Applicants will be referred to selecting officials on a bi-weekly basis. Manual Application
Allowances, Incentives and PCS Costs:
- If you would like to apply manually, please contact the servicing NAF Human Resources (HRO) listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form. All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than 3:00 pm CST on the closing date of this announcement in order to process your application in a timely manner.
- Allowances, differentials, or incentives will not be paid.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's interest.
- Additional referrals may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs. (To view the kit, https://publicfileshare.chra.army.mil/Applicants/NAF%20Applicant%20Information%20Kit%20for%20Army%20NAF%20Childcare%20Positions.pdf .
- Information may be requested regarding the vaccination status of selected applicants for the purposes of implementing other workplace safety protocols. For more information, visit https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/faq/vaccinations/ .