Responsibilities & QualificationsRESPONSIBILITIES
- Experience as an application programmer on large scale DBMS, knowledge of computer equipment, and ability to develop complex software to satisfy design objectives.
- Analyzes functional business applications and design specifications for functional areas such as finance, accounting, personnel, manpower, logistics, and contracts.
- Develops block diagrams and logic flowcharts.
- Translates detailed design into computer software.
- Designs, codes, tests, debugs, and refines the computer software to produce the required product.
- Prepares required documentation, including both program-level and user-level documentation.
- Enhances software to reduce operating time and improve efficiency.
- Provides technical direction to programmers, as required, to ensure that program deadlines are met.
- Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, and form of desired results.
- The Application Programmer Senior should be experience in application programming on large-scale DBMS, computer equipment, and ability to develop complex software.
- A minimum of six years of experience in relevant software applications programming.
- Must possess IT II security clearance or have a current National Agency Check with Local Agency Check and Credit Check (NACLC).
- Must have working knowledge of computer hardware/software fundamentals including Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, and Visio
We are seeking a Senior Software Developer/Application Programmer to join our team supporting the Defense Logistics Agency's DPAS task order.
TekSynap is a fast growing high-tech company that understands both the pace of technology today and the need to have a comprehensive well planned information management environment. "Technology moving at the speed of thought" embodies these principles - the need to nimbly utilize the best that information technology offers to meet the business needs of our Federal Government customers.
We offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability plans, vacation time and holidays.
Visit us at www.TekSynap.com .
Apply now to explore jobs with us!
The safety and health of our employees is of the upmost importance. Employees are required to comply with any contractually mandated Federal COVID-19 requirements. More information can be found here .
Provide design, development, integration, training, test and evaluation, installation, fielding, certification, maintenance, life cycle support and logistics support of an Asset Management System which meet the requirements of the Department of Defense (DoD) and Federal/Government Agencies. Our team will be providing the integration and engineering support essential to meet requirements for development, integration, and analysis of logistics systems integration. Additional Job Information COMPETENCIES
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Establish Focus
- Change Management
- Develop Others
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
- Interpersonal Awareness
- Build Relationships
- Analytical Thinking
- Conceptual Thinking
- Strategic Thinking
- Technical Expertise
- Foster Innovation
- Results Oriented
- Customer Service
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Location: Mechanicsburg, PA
- Type of environment: Office/Hybrid
- Noise level: Medium
- Work schedule: Schedule is day shift Monday - Friday. May be requested to work evenings and weekends to meet program and contract needs.
- Amount of Travel: Less than 10%
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle, feel, touch; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 10 pounds. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 25 pounds; and up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE
Secret Clearance OTHER DUTIES
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. TekSynap does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, national origin, disability, age, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as "protected status"). This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment as well as the use of all company facilities, participation in all company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions such as promotions, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
TekSynap is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance