MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Education
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Management, Data Analytics, Urban Planning, Engineering, Public Administration, Finance, or related discipline
Certification/Licensure Preferred Medical Group
- A minimum of four (4) years of progressively responsible experience in project management, coordination, performance management and tracking. The experience should include at least one year applying skills in at least two of the following areas:
- Public transit planning or sustainability
- Procurement activities
- Data analysis
- A Master's Degree in Business, Management, Data Analytics, Urban Planning, Engineering, Public Administration, Finance, or related discipline can be substituted for up to two years of experience
Medical Group Satisfactorily complete the medical examination for this position, if required. The incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of this position either with or without reasonable accommodations. SUMMARY
The Business Analyst, Planning develops and analyzes office and/or department planning, policy, and performance systems and communicates results within the Authority. The incumbent applies analytical approaches, industry best practices, and technical acumen in support of the Authority strategic plan and office business plan.
The incumbent analyzes and assesses office projects and initiatives, tracks and manages performance, and develops implementation strategies to further the office(s) business plans, programs, and projects. The incumbent leads the procurement, payment reviews, project compliance, cost certification, and other strategic management needs for office leadership. The position gathers data from various sources in response to inquiries from internal and external entities, analyzes and tracks results, and keeps department leadership apprised on matters that may impact the delivery of the office's mission. The incumbent conducts special office and/or departmental studies and communicates regularly with Authority personnel and executive-level staff. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
The functions listed are not intended to limit specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Nor is it intended to limit in any way the right of managers and supervisors to assign, direct and control the work of employees under their supervision. Evaluation Criteria
- Updates and implements office business plan. Develops, analyzes, evaluates, and tracks business plan metrics and performance.
- Works with management to develop and oversee/monitor plans, programs, projects, and initiatives, including procurement, budgets, forecasts, contract commitments, and provides status reports to management.
- Prepares and present reports and recommendations to office and department management/leadership
- Independently conducts analytical studies
- Serves as liaison between offices within or outside the department
- Develops, analyzes, monitors, and evaluates office business plan activities, metrics, and performance to ensure alignment and progress to meet Metro's mission.
- Initiates and tracks procurement activities for assigned office. Tracks future procurement opportunities for reporting to vendor/contracts. Serves as Contracting Officers Technical Representative (COTR) for office projects, programs, and contracts.
- Verifies and reconciles vendors supporting documentation and invoices and validates the capital invoice payment packages for the office. Acts as liaison between project managers, vendors, budget, and procurement to resolve issues with payment packages.
- Works closely with program/project managers to develop input for capital program and business plan
- Coordinates and monitors progress, accomplishments, and identifies issues for leadership action for office programs, plans, and projects
Consideration will be given to applicants whose resumes demonstrate the required education and experience. Applicants should include all relevant education and work experience.
Evaluation criteria may include one or more of the following:
• Skills and/or behavioral assessment
• Personal interview
• Verification of education and experience (including certifications and licenses)
• Criminal Background Check (a criminal conviction is not an automatic bar to employment)
• Medical examination including a drug and alcohol screening (for safety sensitive positions)
• Review of a current motor vehicle report Closing
WMATA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by applicable federal law. This posting is an announcement of a vacant position under recruitment. It is not intended to replace the official job description. Job descriptions are available upon confirmation of an interview.