Center 1 (19052), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Director, Product Management - Capital One Shopping (Remote - Eligible)
Director, Product Management - Capital One Shopping (Remote-Eligible)
About Capital One Shopping:
Capital One Shopping is an industry-leading consumer technology business that is changing the way people buy and save online. The team operates with extreme focus to accelerate growth of the Shopping business, find best-in-market savings for shoppers, and create unique value for our merchant partners.
Technology and a rapid test-and-learn methodology are applied to nearly all of our business challenges. The team has a flat organizational structure that emphasizes clear ownership, small teams, and leverage through technology.
We are looking for a Product Manager to join our team to improve and integrate new product and revenue opportunities with our merchant partners, and drive cross-functional execution within Shopping.
In this role, you will be a key driver of business growth - owning all aspects of the team, technology, and tooling that onboards and activates merchant relationships across Shopping's suite of product experiences:
- Work directly with engineering to design and build tooling and business processes that streamline and automate efforts to launch industry leading product experiences for new merchant partnerships
- Manage the day-to-day operations and engineering teams working to scale and manage thousands of merchant relationships
- Own the business case, prioritization, and monitoring for merchant management, building a suite of operational reports and models using SQL and excel
Who We're Looking For:
The ideal candidate is resourceful, motivated, and self-sufficient, with demonstrated success in spearheading cross-functional projects that drive the growth and success of a business
- Exceptional cross-team collaboration; able to work across different functions, organizations, and reporting boundaries to get the job done
- Product and Technology: Develop and implement product experiences, tooling, processes, and workflows to drive business outcomes; lead product and process level data modeling/analytics to guide performance and focus
- Execution: Manage and sequence delivery of business intent, build business requirements and execute against the product strategy. Oversee multiple projects and programs concurrently
- Partnership: Work closely with colleagues across Capital One including: Engineering, Sales, Operations, Finance and others to drive improvement in focus, productivity, velocity, quality, and profitability
- Strategic; analytic orientation: A proven track record of decision making and problem solving based on analytics
- Strong business judgment, leadership and integrity: A tenacious decision maker, able to bring a healthy, aggressive, yet responsible approach to business
- Clear results orientation: display an intense focus on achieving both short and long term goals; should be able to drive and execute an agenda in an uncertain and fluid environment
- Successful track record of thriving in a fast paced, entrepreneurial and dynamic environment. Previous hands-on startup and consulting experience is a plus
- A well-rounded 'business athlete' - a creative, analytical, and technically proficient problem solver who understands both the dynamics of the business and the tech landscape
- Conceptual thinking skills must be complemented by a strong quantitative orientation, with demonstrated experience assessing business processes, monitoring and modeling business results, and prioritizing effort based on highest expected return on effort
- You have a bias for action and value working in a lean, startup-like organization structure where you will roll up your sleeves to solve problems with firsthand knowledge on a daily basis
- Eagerness to work directly with a dedicated engineering team in a fluid manner instead of working through intermediaries and rigid planning processes
- Demonstrated ability to drive results and accountability from teams in a matrixed organization
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 7 years of experience in Digital Product Management
- At least 5 years of experience in business analysis
- At least 5 years experience working with SQL
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- MBA or Master's degree
- At least 8+ years of experience translating business strategy and analysis into consumer facing digital products
- At least 8+ years of experience in a high growth/startup technology environment, strategy consulting, or investment banking
- At least 8+ years of experience working directly with software engineering departments to build tooling and processes to support and scale new product experiences
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
The minimum and maximum full-time annual salaries for this role are listed below, by location. Please note that this salary information is solely for candidates hired to perform work within one of these locations, and refers to the amount Capital One is willing to pay at the time of this posting. Salaries for part-time roles will be prorated based upon the agreed upon number of hours to be regularly worked.
New York City (Hybrid On-Site): $228,500 - $260,800 for Director, Product Management
Remote (Regardless of Location): $193,700 - $221,000 for Director, Product Management
Candidates hired to work in other locations will be subject to the pay range associated with that location, and the actual annualized salary amount offered to any candidate at the time of hire will be reflected solely in the candidate's offer letter.
This role is also eligible to earn performance based incentive compensation, which may include cash bonus(es) and/or long term incentives (LTI). Incentives could be discretionary or non discretionary depending on the plan.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).