Center 3 (19075), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Sr. Director- Cyber Portfolio Manager
As a Senior Director Cyber Portfolio Manager in Capital One's Enterprise Cyber Security organization, we're looking for someone who is passionate about cyber security and utilizing that knowledge to oversee the cyber portfolio. Our portfolio consists of bold technology goals as we manage risk and protect our company. The Cyber portfolio manager role plays a critical role in ensuring that our organization's investments in cybersecurity are aligned with our strategic objectives and that resources are effectively allocated to maximize the impact of our investments. Cyber security is one of the biggest threats of our day and in this role, you will have the opportunity to manage a portfolio of imperatives, initiatives and programs that aim to improve our cybersecurity posture as we protect our customers and our company.Enabling Strategic Decisions
- You will lead our Portfolio team by using quantitative and qualitative data to provide insights needed for decision making and distilling complex and high-impact challenges into concrete decision-points, and acting decisively.
- You will build on the vision of how the Cyber strategy is deployed and help senior leadership see the most important opportunities across the Enterprise to enhance the delivery of Cyber goals and identify compounding delivery risk at the enterprise level
- You will develop quantitative metrics, tooling, and reporting in partnership with key stakeholders:, Finance, Risk and Operations.
- You will function as a trusted advisor to senior leaders to win together (even when they might have dissenting opinions on the path forward) and represent the momentum behind the work
- You will focus on the ability to ruthlessly prioritize team commitments amidst competing demands.
We want you if you are:
- You will be responsible for attracting, recruiting and retaining top talent to your team
- You will coach the team to excel in process excellence and continuous improvement, thrive in a matrixed environment and choose collaboration over silos, and bring a data-driven eye to evaluating portfolio investments and tech transformation initiatives.
- You will be driving the strategy and direction, learning through experimentation, and adapting with new information and knowledge.
- Impact-driven. You dream big. You desire to make the world a better place, and you get energy from working with others with similar passions to accomplish big, bold goals.
- Wired for Collaboration and Connection: You thrive in a matrixed organization because you know that together we can do better. You're obsessed with building and cultivating relationships. You love the chance to share your perspective, to hear the perspectives of others, and to figure out how teams can collaborate.
- Customer Focused. You care about doing what's best (not what's easiest) for the community and for Capital one's associates and business. You don't shy away from hard conversations or nuanced decision making because you know the best outcomes often go hand in hand with tough decisions.
- Intellectually Curious, with a strong Point of View. You ask why, you explore, you're comfortable with ambiguity, you're hungry to learn and a seeker of new challenges. You use this curiosity to develop and then refine, and refine, and refine your POVs.
- Do-er. You're biased toward action, you try things and sometimes you fail. You can get around your own roadblocks and you remove obstacles for your team to stay focused on goals.
- Bachelor's degree
- At least 9 years of experience in program, project, or process management
- At least 7 years of people management experience
- At least 5 years of Cyber and Technology experience
- 8+ years of experience in working in agile, lean, or SAFe environments
- 5+ years of experience with Google sheets, JIRA, Tableau and Confluence
- 5+ years of experience with complex stakeholder management
- Change management certification
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
The minimum and maximum full-time annual salaries for this role are listed below, by location. Please note that this salary information is solely for candidates hired to perform work within one of these locations, and refers to the amount Capital One is willing to pay at the time of this posting. Salaries for part-time roles will be prorated based upon the agreed upon number of hours to be regularly worked.
New York City (Hybrid On-Site): $236,800 - $270,300 for Sr. Director, Project Mgmt
Candidates hired to work in other locations will be subject to the pay range associated with that location, and the actual annualized salary amount offered to any candidate at the time of hire will be reflected solely in the candidate's offer letter.
This role is also eligible to earn performance based incentive compensation, which may include cash bonus(es) and/or long term incentives (LTI). Incentives could be discretionary or non discretionary depending on the plan.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender reassignment, citizenship, immigration status, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).