Summary Facility Security Officer Lorton, VA
Chenega MIOS supports the military, federal, and commercial entities at home and abroad. Together, the companies aligned under the MIOS SBU offer a diverse and complementary range of capabilities that strengthen our capacity for shared knowledge and mission-focused service to our customers.
The Facility Security Officer
will provide industrial security support on all aspects of government security requirements (including maintaining minimum physical security requirements for operational facilities). Responsibilities
- Assists employees in the preparation of security clearance paperwork using Electronic Questionnaires for Investigations Processing (e-QIP) and Secure Web Fingerprint Transmission (SWFT) systems to ensure compliance and complete processing for forwarding to the government.
- Serve as the company's primary POC for Defense Information System for Security (DISS) and Army Centralized Contracts and Security portal (ACCS). Must be comfortable performing DISS duties including initiating PSI, running PR Reports, in and out-processing employees and consultants, sending and receiving visit requests, interpreting person summaries for eligibility and access (security verification), submitting CSRs, etc. In ACCS, responsible for submitting New SCI Access requests, New Visit Requests, transfer in status requests, etc.
- Coordinates collateral personnel security clearance requirements with the Defense Counterintelligence and Security Agency (DCSA).
- Coordinates additional security requirements such as Special Accesses, polygraphs, CAC, badge request/renewal, special access nomination, indoctrination and debriefing, and Counterintelligence pre-screening. This entails interfacing with government agencies, subcontractors, Program Managers, and candidates to track progress through the system and gather required documentation.
- Review prime contract DD254 for compliance. Prepare and issue subcontract DD254.
- Processes incoming and outgoing Visit Requests for classified visits and uncleared visits.
- Maintains a database of cleared employees, classified contracts, active consultants, subcontracting companies, badges issued, etc. Prepares and keeps personnel security files for cleared employees and consultants up to date. Utilized various DoD databases/systems associated with security processing (i.e., Access Commander, e-QIP, DISS, NISS, etc.).
- Responds as an On-Call person for all alarm activations in the Chenega facilities.
- Responsible for maintaining accountability of classified documents coming into or being sent from the facility.
- Provides courier authorizations to employees and briefings as needed.
- Prepares reports and notifications to appropriate government agencies as required by applicable government regulations.
- Complete Company Self Inspection Review and upload completed inspections to NISS.
- Keeps senior management apprised of any security deficiencies or potential problem areas.
- Coordinates all security requirements with appropriate government agencies and interacts with their security staff to ensure processing of requested actions.
- Assist the Information System Security Manager (ISSM) with automated information systems that process classified information. Assist with preparing Automated Information System in accordance with Risk Management Framework (RMF) and maintain the system to ensure compliance with government-specified operational requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Two years of college preferred
- 4+ years of combined security-related experience working at the corporate level of a government contractor and government (civilian or military) security, preferably requiring interaction with various government agencies in both the collateral and SCI environments. Additional relevant experience may be substituted for formal education.
- FSO Program Management Training, for Possessing Facility.
- Active Secret, with the ability to obtain TS/SCI eligibility.
- 25% travel may be required.
- Valid Driver's License.
How you'll grow
- Experience with standard computer software applications (word processing, spreadsheets, database, email), e.g., Microsoft Office.
- Experience with handling multiple concurrent workflows and meeting competing deadlines that may require quick turnaround.
- Practical experience in managing secure facilities (TS and below), under DCSA guidelines.
- Experience with DISS, and NISS. Experience with ACCS is preferred.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines that require quick turnaround.
- Working knowledge of maintaining automated information system
At Chenega MIOS, our professional development plan focuses on helping our team members at every level of their careers to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn.
We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their careers. Benefits
At Chenega MIOS, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our team members and offer them a broad range of benefits.
Learn more about what working at Chenega MIOS can mean for you. Chenega MIOS's culture
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our team members to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and continuously look for new ways to maintain a culture where we excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Corporate citizenship
Chenega MIOS is led by a purpose to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our team members, and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities.
Learn more about Chenega's impact on the world.
Chenega MIOS News- https://chenegamios.com/news/ Tips from your Talent Acquisition Team
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Chenega MIOS to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your research, we suggest you review the following links:
Chenega MIOS web site - www.chenegamios.com
Glassdoor - https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Chenega-MIOS-EI_IE369514.11,23.htm
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/1472684/
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/chenegamios/
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program