Summary Systems Engineer Orlando, FL
Are you ready to enhance your skills and build your career in a rapidly evolving business climate? Are you looking for a career where professional development is embedded in your employer's core culture? If so, Chenega Military, Intelligence & Operations Support (MIOS) could be the place for you! Join our team of professionals who support large-scale government operations by leveraging cutting-edge technology and take your career to the next level!
Chenega Analytic Business Solutions (CABS) provides federal agencies and commercial customers with trusted insights into Records and Information Management, Administrative Solutions, Information Technology, Engineering, and Training. Formed in 2017 to serve federal and commercial customers, CABS is 8(a) certified and has grown quickly into a leader in the federal IT and Training environment.
In this key role, you will provide support to the U.S. Naval Warfare Center Training System Division (NAWCTSD). NAWCTSD provides research, testing, evaluation, and acquisition of training systems for all branches of the US Military.
The Systems Engineer- Journeyman
shall perform engineering duties in designing, constructing, and testing in support of Navy training devices. Responsibilities Work you'll do
As an Systems Engineer- Journeyman
within our NAWCTSD
team, you will:
- Conduct basic and applied research to evaluate the adaptability of materials and equipment to training device design and manufacture.
- Recommend improvements in testing equipment and techniques.
- Analyze technical documentation and prepare technical design approaches for training system(s). The technical design approach shall provide alternative design approaches that will include tradeoff analyses and identify technical risks.
- Analyze and identify facility requirements such as the size of buildings, air conditioning, electrical power and grounding, raised flooring, etc. to satisfy training requirements.
- Develop cost and lead-time estimates for training system development.
- Apply decision analysis techniques to ensure that the engineering approach is cost-effective and satisfies the training objectives, Upon determination of the proper engineering approach:
- Prepare a technical description that includes a block diagram and math models.
- Determine the degree of fidelity of the simulation necessary to maximize the transfer of training.
- Develop quantitative criteria and recommend tradeoffs regarding inputs received from supporting personnel concerning training system change(s). Provide contractor support to planners.
- Develop inputs to engineering specifications detailing design, performance, testing, and provisions for the acceptance of the engineering changes.
- Assist with developing evaluation criteria and evaluating non-competitive technical proposals and work statements submitted by commercial contractors or in-house resources. When appropriate:
- Recommend the best technical approach submitted in response to the specification.
- Clarify engineering design ambiguities, highlighting areas of design deficiency, and resolving conflicts in the proposed engineering technical approach.
- Document the configuration, design, and performance characteristics of the proposed training system.
- Conduct market research.
- Develop inputs to engineering specifications and other documents IAW NAWCTSD Orlando's policies and procedures on Technical Procurement Package Preparation and Processing.
- Review training system contractor's design approach, criteria, and design reports.
- Evaluate the design approach, criteria, and reports, and provide evaluation comments.
- Continuously assess training system contractor performance and recommend appropriate action when contractor delinquencies or deficiencies occur.
- Recommend changes to the training systems contract based on revisions to military training requirements, changes to performance characteristics, or plans for product improvements.
- Monitor the configuration management of the training system.
- Monitor and assess training system hardware and software development status and provide CSS in resolving related programmatic issues.
- Identify problems being encountered in hardware and software development and provide recommendations as to how to resolve these problems.
- Review the training system contractor's proposed test criteria and test procedures, and subsequently perform examinations and acceptance tests.
- Analyze potential requirements for modifications on training systems in the operational phase of the training system life cycle. This involves extensive research and coordination, including direct contracts with fleet activities, Government laboratories, and device/system users.
- When required, propose technical solutions related to the project during training systems contractor or in-house resource performance. Review waivers and deviations in material, processes, selection, performance characteristics, and testing parameter variances.
- Participate in design review conferences and address and evaluate trade-offs concerning maintainability and reliability.
- Other duties as assigned
- Complete annual company and customer-required training, as required.
- Complete timesheets daily in an online system according to company policies and procedures.
- Travel up to 50%.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Visual Engineering, Aeronautical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering required
- 3+ years of experience with hardware and software design and integration.
- Experience with Defense Department acquisition policy and SETR procedures or like experience
- Secret clearance required
How you'll grow
- Must have the ability to attend all customer in-person meetings and conferences within two (2) hours, as requested.
- Possess the ability to coordinate and integrate the work activities of several different engineering disciplines for more than one project at any one time.
- Possess the ability to communicate with others effectively both orally and in writing in working out solutions to problems or questions relating to the Acquisition program.
- Advanced working knowledge of various computer software applications, including Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook.
- Possess excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize.
- Ability to multi-task in a high-performance-based environment.
- Possess strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to self-start and work independently or as a team.
- Ability to travel up to 50%.
At Chenega MIOS, our professional development plan focuses on helping our team members at every level of their careers to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn.
We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their careers. Benefits
At Chenega MIOS, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our team members and offer them a broad range of benefits.
Learn more about what working at Chenega MIOS can mean for you. Chenega MIOS's culture
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our team members to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and continuously look for new ways to maintain a culture where we excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Corporate citizenship
Chenega MIOS is led by a purpose to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our team members, and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities.
Learn more about Chenega's impact on the world.
Chenega MIOS News- https://chenegamios.com/news/ Tips from your Talent Acquisition team
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Chenega MIOS to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your research, we suggest you review the following links:
Chenega MIOS web site - www.chenegamios.com
Glassdoor - https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Chenega-MIOS-EI_IE369514.11,23.htm
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/1472684/
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/chenegamios/
#Chenega Analytic Business Solutions, LLC Teleworking Permitted?
Yes Teleworking Details
100% remote outside of required meetings, team activities, Briefs, and travel. Estimated Salary/Wage
Up to USD $105,000.00/Yr.
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program