Summary General Superintendent Pittsburgh, PA
Chenega Worldwide Support (CWS) is a premier provider of Architecture and Engineering support services to federal customers around the world. Founded in 2016 to support federal operations OCONUS, CWS holds true to its mission that no matter the location, we are there to get the job done.
The General Superintendent
is responsible for the overall field works on a project, ensuring contract compliance about all works, and ensuring all works are completed concerning safety, scheduling, quality, and customer satisfaction. The General Superintendent
directs the day-to-day coordination of trade contractors and their sub-contractors (and/or self-performed works) to ensure work meets or exceeds the contract requirements. Responsibilities
- Assist the Project Manager and Project Scheduler in developing project construction schedules detailing the timing of material delivery, subcontractor work schedules, and overall project plans.
- Advise the Project Manager of circumstances and issues that will have a significant impact on the project schedule.
- Prepare and maintain reports on company policies, procedures, and contract requirements that accurately describe project status.
- Document issues and problems that have developed and provide reasonable remedies for their resolution.
- Verify the accuracy of drawing plan measurements of floors, walls, ceilings, etc.
- Identify discrepancies and take corrective action with the Estimating or Project Manager.
- Schedule the routing and delivery of materials and take appropriate precautions to ensure job-site security.
- Co-chair weekly project construction meetings with subcontractors, architects, engineers, other vendors, and owners to discuss project status.
- Document issues that impact the project schedule or will impact the project budget and assign resolution to appropriate individuals in attendance.
- Make active attempts to resolve labor disputes and personnel problems.
- Elevate unresolved issues to the Project Manager when needed.
- Establish effective working relationships with clients, architects, building managers, building engineers, and others.
- Actively enforce all building regulations regarding noise, use of elevators, security, etc.
- Maintain adequate and competent subcontractor labor crews as approved to complete timely and quality work.
- Schedule and coordinate work crews consistent with project demands and schedule.
- Supervise the work of crews to ensure work is completed as contracted with a minimal punch list.
- Meet daily with subcontractors to ensure daily schedules and task lists are understood.
- Take necessary steps to maintain general conditions so costs are within the budgeted amounts.
- Review invoices from subcontractors and vendors and recommend approval or modification to the Project Manager.
- Document all field changes and "as-built conditions" every week.
- Assist the Project Manager and/or Estimators by reviewing bid documents and estimates from a logistics, scope of items, and general field perspective.
- Review design documents, specifications, equipment submittals, and shop drawings for functional capabilities, performance, monitoring capabilities, and the ability of the systems to meet the design requirements.
- Interact with installing trade contractors and witness daily construction, start-ups, contractor testing, performance testing, document/track field inspections/observations & deficiencies, and related reporting.
- Prepare and/or assist the Project Manager in the preparation of plans, schedules, and documents.
- Prepare and execute equipment/system protocols, and pre-functional and functional checklists.
- Develop, document, and communicate the work plans regarding changes made in the field, particularly regarding long-lead equipment and systems procurement and delivery.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of contract documents to be able to plan and anticipate potential problems before they arise.
- Obtain or verify that the contractors and subcontractors obtain all necessary permits for construction purposes.
- Ensure the work is performed in a safe and quality manner.
- Establish credibility among owners, trade contractors, unions, etc. by maintaining a fair and trustworthy environment.
- Lead work progress and coordination meetings regularly.
- Maintain daily reports and documentation and update the project schedule, create, and implement contingency plans when necessary.
- Communicate schedule status, updates, and changes to the project team and procurement/contracting plan, and coordinate and manage job site logistics.
- Manage the final project commissioning and ensure contract compliance with project close-out procedures.
- Supervise the project to ensure project KPIs for Safety, Productivity, and Quality (ie: Contract Compliance) are fully met.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: How you'll grow
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- 3+ years of experience required
- Background check required
At Chenega MIOS, our professional development plan focuses on helping our team members at every level of their careers to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn.
We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their careers. Benefits
At Chenega MIOS, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our team members and offer them a broad range of benefits.
Learn more about what working at Chenega MIOS can mean for you. Chenega MIOS's culture
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our team members to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and continuously look for new ways to maintain a culture where we excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Corporate citizenship
Chenega MIOS is led by a purpose to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our team members, and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities.
Learn more about Chenega's impact on the world.
Chenega MIOS News- https://chenegamios.com/news/ Tips from your Talent Acquisition Team
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Chenega MIOS to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your research, we suggest you review the following links:
Chenega MIOS web site - www.chenegamios.com
Glassdoor - https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Chenega-MIOS-EI_IE369514.11,23.htm
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/1472684/
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/chenegamios/
#Chenega Worldwide Support
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program