ERP International is seeking an Registered Nurse (RN) - Behavioral Health for a full-time position supporting the 5th Medical Group at Minot AFB, ND. Apply online today and discover more about this exceptional employment opportunity. www.erpinternational.com
Be the Best! Join our team of exceptional health care professionals across the nation. Come discover the immense pride and job satisfaction ERP Employees experience in providing care for our Military Members, their Families and Retired Military Veterans! ERP International is honored to have been named one of The Washington Post's 2023 Top Workplaces!
* Excellent Compensation & Exceptional Comprehensive Benefits!
* Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Time, Plus 11 Paid Federal Holidays!
* Medical/Dental/Vision, STD/LTD/Life, Health Savings Account available, and more!
* Annual CME Stipend and License/Certification Reimbursement!
* Matching 401K!
About ERP International, LLC: ERP is a nationally respected provider of health, science, and technology solutions supporting clients in the government and commercial sectors. We provide comprehensive enterprise information technology, strategic sourcing, and management solutions to DoD and federal civilian agencies in 40 states. Founded in 2006, ERP is headquartered in Laurel, MD and maintains satellite offices in Montgomery, AL and San Antonio, TX - plus project locations nationwide. ERP is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Disability and Veteran.
Monday - Friday, 9 hours between 7:00am - 5:00pm, including a one hour luch
No Weekends, No Holidays, No Call!
Position Summary: As a member of the Behavioral Health team, the Behavioral Health Care Facilitator (BHCF) provides mental health clinical case management, care
coordination and disease management for patients prescribed psychotropic medications by their Primary Care Manager (PCM), Psychiatrist, or Nurse Practitioner within the medical primary care or specialty care environment. This includes, but is not limited to the conditions of depression and anxiety disorders, including PTSD. Monitors and facilitates adherence to treatments, provides education, coordinates care, maintains data registries, and performs full scope of clinical nursing in the execution of behavioral health services.
Job Specific Position Duties: The duties include, but are not limited to the following:
• BHCF duties as outlined in DoDI 6490.15 Integration of Behavioral Health Personnel Services Into Patience-Centered Medical Home Primary Care and Other Primacy Care Service Settings and the BHOP Practice Manual.
• Position will require attendance at a five-day mandatory DoD/Air Force BHCF training, location TBD. Ability to complete training and meet core competencies must be demonstrated within three (3) months of hire.
• Coordinates patient care through a continuum of care and the levels of care to achieve optimal health outcomes in relation to care, quality and cost effectiveness. Assesses, coordinates, facilitates and delivers care for adult patients relevant to the practice environment and procedures performed.
• Provides patient and family education according to credentialed provider's instruction and documents patient and family understanding.
• Orients, trains and mentors new personnel and delegates appropriate tasks promoting development of new skills, knowledge, abilities, and empowered professionals. Works independently in the absence of direct oversight and adheres to Air Force values. Effectively uses appropriate communication format in addressing and resolving professional issues.
• Ensures compliance with standards of care and practice in accordance with all established policies, procedures, and guidelines used in the medical treatment facility. Provides care within ethical and legal boundaries.
• Participates in peer review and monitoring of professional nursing practice with the ability to provide and receive feedback regarding advancement of professional practice and safe patient care.
• Evaluates and cares for patients utilizing the nursing process as a basis for professional practice. Demonstrates proper patient preparation for examination and treatment. Performs dosage calculations as required to accurately administer ordered pharmacologic agents. Assesses patient's compliance, barriers to compliance and develops a nursing plan of care accordingly.
• Effectively communicates and collaborates with a diverse group for the purpose of informing and coordinating care to the healthcare team of plans/actions, for teaching/education to benefit the patient/family and organization.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills to perform accurate documentation, both written and electronic, of all activity to include patient care hand-offs and care coordination in accordance with requirements.
• Utilizes critical thinking to synthesize data from multiple sources and makes appropriate clinical decisions implementing nursing care theories and existing evidence-based practices to return the patient to prehospital and/or acute illness baseline prior to discharge to home or transferring to next level of care.
• Recognize patients at risk for harm to self and/or others or experiencing adverse signs and symptoms and react quickly in emergency situations. Ability to calmly assess life-threating situations and appropriately coordinate/expedite life-saving intervention. Competence in all required emergency procedures for the population cared for.
• Completes orientation and competency verification programs in accordance with (IAW) unit and hospital guidelines.
• Perform nursing care and duties with minimal to no supervisory direction according to appropriate/ relevant Nursing Care Standard and Nursing Code of Ethics.
• Serves and participates in committees, functions, and other meetings as directed. Provides relevant and timely information to these groups and assists with decision- making and process improvement. Participates in customer service initiatives, performance and quality improvement measures and medical readiness activities, designed to enhance health services.
• Ensures a safe work environment, employee safe work habits and patient safety IAW regulatory agencies, infection control policies, and process improvement initiatives. Promote and contribute quality performance, performance improvement programs, and nursing practice in a setting that supports professional practice and sets a positive example; identify and deliver excellence in the delivery of nursing services and care to patients/residents; introduces and disseminates best practices in nursing services. Proactively identifies process issues that could lead to negative patient outcomes and participates in the appropriate safety reporting processes for the facility.
• Completes all job specific training requirements on time.
• Participates in local, AF, DoD and national teleconferences as required and relative to the program operations and reporting requirements.
• Must maintain a level of productivity and quality consistent with: complexity of the assignment; facility policies and guidelines; established principles, ethics, standards, and scope of practice for professional mental health nursing as outlined by the American Nurses Association and the American Psychiatric Nurses Association; the American Hospital Association's Bill of Rights for Patients, the Case Management Society of America (CMSA), American Accreditation Healthcare Commission/Utilization Review Accreditation Commission (URAC); Accreditation Association of Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC); and other applicable DoD and Service specific guidance and policies. Must also comply with the equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Program, infection control and safety policies and procedures.
* Degree/Education: Associates Degree of Nursing, BSN preferred.
* Experience: Minimum 3 years experience as a RN, including 2 years recent consecutive behavioral health/psychiatric RN experience. Outpatient experience in psychiatric medication management is desirable.
* Licensure: Current, full, active, and unrestricted license to practice as a Registered Nurse from any state.
* Clinical Certification: Certified or Certification Eligible by ANCC as a Psychiatric and Mental Health Nurse.
* Life Support Certification: Possess and maintain a current AHA or ARC BLS Healthcare Provider certification.
* Security: Must possess ability to pass a Government background check/security clearance.