ERP International is seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) for a full-time position supporting the Post Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU) at Nellis AFB, NV. Apply online today and discover more about this exceptional employment opportunity. www.erpinternational.com
Be the Best! Join our team of exceptional health care professionals across the nation. Come discover the immense pride and job satisfaction ERP Employees experience in providing care for our Military Members, their Families and Retired Military Veterans! ERP International is honored to have been named one of The Washington Post's 2023 Top Workplaces!
* Excellent Compensation & Exceptional Comprehensive Benefits!
* Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Time, Plus 11 Paid Federal Holidays!
* Medical/Dental/Vision, STD/LTD/Life, Health Savings Account available, and more!
* Annual CME Stipend and License/Certification Reimbursement!
* Matching 401K!
About ERP International, LLC: ERP is a nationally respected provider of health, science, and technology solutions supporting clients in the government and commercial sectors. We provide comprehensive enterprise information technology, strategic sourcing, and management solutions to DoD and federal civilian agencies in 40 states. Founded in 2006, ERP is headquartered in Laurel, MD and maintains satellite offices in Montgomery, AL and San Antonio, TX - plus project locations nationwide. ERP is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Disability and Veteran.
Varied Shifts: 24 hours, 7 days a week, various (8, 10, 12 hour) rotating shifts, not to exceed 40 hours per week.
On-Call: On-call requirements: 728 hrs per FTE.
Job Specific Position Duties: The duties include, but are not limited to the following:
• Coordinate patient care in collaboration with a wide array of healthcare professionals. Facilitate the achievement of optimal outcomes in relation to clinical care, quality and cost effectiveness.
• Ensure compliance with standards of care and practice in accordance with all established policies, procedures, and guidelines used in the MTF.
• Perform physical exam and health histories.
• Provide health promotions, counseling, and education.
• Administer medications, wound care, and numerous other personalized interventions.
• Direct and supervise care provide by other healthcare professionals.
• Accountable for making patient care assignments based on the scope of practice and skill level of assigned personnel.
• Recognize adverse signs and symptoms and quickly react in emergency situations.
• Communicate and collaborate with a diverse group of people for the purpose of informing the healthcare team of plans/actions, for teaching/education to benefit the patient/family and organization.
• Make referral appointments and arrange specialty care as appropriate.
• Perform nursing services identified in the TO.
• Conduct research in support of improved practice and patient outcomes.
• Knowledge of professional care theories, principles, practices, disease process and procedures to perform nursing assignments of moderate difficulty and experience to acutely ill pediatric, adult, and geriatric patients as appropriate. Utilizes the nursing process as a basis for professional practice.
• Knowledge of a variety of pharmacological agents used in patient treatment, the desired effects, side effects, and complications of their use as well as the accurate administration of the pharmacologic agent, including dosage calculations as required. Knowledge of the administrative requirements for proper documentation of patient conditions including disease progress, acknowledgement of teaching, and follow up care.
• Knowledge of a wide range of medical disorders and conditions as appropriate, as seen in critically ill patients.
• Knowledge of preventative health schedules, procedures, processes, and education methods.
• Must synthesize data from a variety of sources and make appropriate clinical decisions to interpret lethal rhythms independent of physician.
• Knowledge of computer operations and proficiency in the use of basic word processing, data entry and automated medical records.
• Direct and supervise care provided by other healthcare professionals.
• Coordinates patient care through a continuum and facilitates the achievement of optimal outcomes in relation to care, quality and cost effectiveness.
• Ensures compliance with standards of care and practice in accordance with all established policies, procedures, and guidelines used in the medical treatment facility. Provides care within ethical and legal boundaries.
• Accountable for making patient care assignments based on the scope of practice and skill level of assigned personnel. Additional clinical services include preoperative education/teaching for surgical procedures completed within the MTF.
• Assesses patients. Uses the nursing process as a basis for professional practice. Demonstrates proper preparation of patients for treatments and procedures, to include surgical interventions. Provides proper care and evaluation of pre and post-procedural patients.
• Effectively communicates and collaborates with a diverse group of people for the purpose of informing the healthcare team of plans/actions, for teaching/education to benefit the patient/family and organization. Effectively uses appropriate communication format in addressing professional issues.
• Excellent written communication skills to perform accurate documentation, both written and electronic, of all activity in accordance with requirements.
• Recognizes adverse signs and symptoms and react quickly in emergency situations.
• Skilled in setting up, operating and monitoring specialized medical equipment such as IV infusion pumps, cardiac monitoring devices, EKG units, oxygen analyzers, nebulizers, and other unit specific equipment.
• Performs a full range of nursing procedures such as: dressing changes, catheterization, wound irrigation, intravenous fluid administration, blood transfusion, oxygen administration, vital signs, specimen collection and other unit specific procedures as prescribed by the provider.
• Completes orientation and competency verification programs in accordance with (IAW) unit guidelines. Performs duties in accordance with unit operating instructions, policies and American Society of PeriAnesthesia Nurses (ASPAN) standards.
• Participates in the orientation and training of newly assigned personnel, as appropriate.
• Serves and participates in committees, functions and other meetings as directed. Provides relevant and timely information to these groups and assists with decision-making and process improvement. Participates in customer service initiatives, and medical readiness activities, designed to enhance health services.
• Ensures a safe work environment, employee safe work habits and patient safety IAW regulatory agencies, infection control policies, and process improvement initiatives.
* Degree/Education: Bachelors of Science in Nursing. Graduate from a college or university accredited by National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC), or The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE), or the Commission on Graduates of Foreign Nursing Schools (CGFNS).
* Experience: Minimum of three (3) years' experience as a clinical nurse in the medical/surgical or critical care inpatient setting. Experience with newborn to geriatric population. Minimum of 1 year of experience in post anesthesia/sedation.
* Licensure: Current, full, active, and unrestricted license to practice as a Registered Nurse from any state.
* Life Support Certification:Basic Life Support (BLS), Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) or Advanced Life Support (ALS), Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS), and Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC) certifications are required.
* Security: Must possess ability to pass a Government background check/security clearance.