Dewberry is currently seeking a Civil Engineer Project Manager
to serve major public and institutional clients in our Fairfax, Virginia
office. The candidate will be responsible for the technical design and management of infrastructure projects with a range of construction values and should have at least 7 years of civil related design experience, including project management.
The Site/Civil Engineering Group independently pursues a wide variety of public projects including public building site development, schools, parks & recreation facilities, drainage improvements, resiliency, multi-use pathways and sidewalks, drainage, utilities (both public and private), parking and SOGR (state-of-good-repair) design.
Dewberry is a leading, market-facing professional services firm with more than 50 locations and 2,000 professionals nationwide. What sets us apart from our competitors are our people. At Dewberry, we seek out exceptional talent and strive to deliver the highest quality of services to our clients. Whether you're an experienced professional or a new graduate, you'll have the chance to collaborate with the best and brightest and work on innovative and complex projects at the forefront of the industry. Our commitment to excellence stems from our personal integrity and from other defining attributes, which we call "Dewberry at Work," that have inspired our employees to be successful for more than a half-century.
- Oversees, mentors and assigns tasks to junior engineers.
- Prepares scope, budget, and schedule for projects or tasks within projects.
- Manages project budget, schedule and performs technical quality control.
- Coordinates with work of other disciplines assigned to the project.
- Communicates effectively with clients and contractors to ensure goals are met.
- Schedules, leads and attends meetings, conducts site visits/field inspections
- Produces engineering calculations, reports, construction drawings and specifications.
- Reviews shop drawings and responses to RFIs.
Required Skills & Required Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering.
- Project Management experience, ability to manage multi-disciplined teams is a plus.
- At least 7-years of experience in civil engineering design, experience permitting projects with Northern Virginia localities is a plus.
- Working knowledge of civil design procedures, agency standards and permitting is required.
- Experience with AutoCAD and Civil 3D is strongly preferred.
- Experience in developing scope, budget and schedule for projects.
- A licensed Professional Engineer.
- Experience working with public agencies is required; working with the private sector is a plus.
- Strong leadership and communication skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced team environment with multiple deadlines.
- Must be a self-motivated with initiative, drive and determination.
- Experience with assignments for the Federal Government is a plus
Don't meet every single requirement? At Dewberry we are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workplace for our employees. So if you're excited about this role, but your past experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in the position description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may just be the right candidate for this or other opportunities.
*At this time, Dewberry will not sponsor a new applicant for work authorization.
*Dewberry is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation.
*Only recipients of an offer of employment from Dewberry, will be required to submit to a background screening which may include, but is not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification, driving record check, criminal background check, and an investigative consumer report. These screenings will be conducted by Dewberry's background vendor of choice and will be conducted in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local law.