Financial Information Analyst
This position manages and supports financial information technology systems for the Association. This involves business systems including the financial accounting system, the Association Management System (AMS), third party financial information software interfacing with these systems, and financial systems and information provided by external vendors. The incumbent provides analytical and technical, and end user support for the financial accounting system and the financial aspects of all other business systems including AMS. This includes analysis of data, problem diagnosis, correction, documentation, and training. The incumbent develops financial, audit, and budget reports for management to ensure timely effective decision-making and adherence to service standards. The incumbent is responsible for serving as a primary point of contact for providing financial software expertise to all levels of ASHA staff. The incumbent will analyze past financial performance to predict future performance and to advise the company on its financial strategy. The incumbent is responsible for performing financial analysis and control testing including compliance related to state sales taxes, account reconciliations, and other recurring analysis.
- Analyze current business processes and systems that impact all areas of the association. Research, plan, and implement improvements to achieve greater efficiency and accuracy resulting in cost savings and increased member service.
- Creates financial models based on analyses to support organizational decision making.
- Assist with Implement new software including design, testing, configuration, documentation, training, and post implementation review. The projects include the integration of new products, product enhancements, product upgrades, and interfaces between financial systems and other software applications. The software includes accounting, financial aspects of the AMS and related integrated systems, in-house electronic payments, Internet eCommerce, tax preparation and filing, financial reporting, AMS reporting, document management, sales tax, UKG payroll, PAC (Political Action Committee) software, Foundation software and Blackline.
- Maintain aspects of the financial accounting systems, and the financial aspects of the AMS and other systems receiving financial information. Ensure compliance with Blackline account reconciliations and tasks related to financial processes.
- Assist users with development and documentation of reconciliation procedures to improve efficiency.
- Ensure regulatory compliance for sales taxes for all states duties including state registrations, state filings, management of exemption certificates, and management reporting.
- Perform financial analysis and internal control testing on major revenue and expense streams.
- Design, program, and create reports in BI reporting software using data from the Accounting and/or AMS and related systems including management reports, audit reports, workflow and service standards analysis, and cash flow projections.
Knowledge Typically Acquired Through
- At least 5 - 8 years of progressively responsible related experience. Experience with a large membership organization is preferred.
- Baccalaureate degree in accounting with focus on information technology or Baccalaureate degree in information technology with focus on accounting
Scope and Depth of Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Extensive knowledge of general ledger, accounts receivable, accounts payable, and budgeting.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with requirement development and analysis; system selection, testing, and implementation; and use of automated financial accounting and association management systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge of accrual basis, cash basis, and tax basis accounting.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS), and Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) Pronouncements (including FASBs (Financial Accounting Standards Board) 116, 117, and 124) affecting not-for-profit organizations.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL administration and relational database financial and management systems.
- Advanced skills in Excel, BI reporting software, and intermediate skills in Word, Access, and business intelligence software.
Scope and Depth of Non-Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Demonstrated success in testing, implementing, and maintaining financial information technology of a major organization.
- Excellent organizational, project management and decision-making skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and team skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to quickly learn new software applications.