Summary Intermediate Project Manager Reston, VA
Are you readyto enhanceyour skills and buildyour career in a rapidly evolving business climate?Are youlooking for a career where professional development is embedded inyour employer's core culture? If so, Chenega Military, Intelligence & Operations Support (MIOS) could be the place foryou! Join our team of professionals who support large-scale government operations by leveraging cutting-edge technology and takeyour career to the next level!
At Cyberstar, we aim to analyze and boost human and business performance through the implementation of business process redesign and information technology (IT) modernization to include data analytics and cloud computing.
We offer an alternate solution to improving the quality and effectiveness of business operations. In an ever-changing economy, Cyberstar helps companies better read and understand their market data through the synchronization of process innovation, human dynamics, analysis, and the integration of data technology capabilities, to ensure functional optimization in their business.
The Intermediate Project Manager
provides the program management and technical direction of major programs or projects and ensures compliance with laws governing federal IT management and standards. Responsibilities
- Work directly with the Contracting Officer's Representative (COR) and Senior Project Manager regarding new project assignments and planning.
- Assist in the management of all operational aspects of Program Activity, including cost management, schedule management, data management, proposal activity, and other related program activities.
- Utilize ITIL v3, PMBOK, and other industry-recognized methods in the management of the program.
- Serve as a principal liaison with current and prospective program customers.
- Plan, schedule, organize, and administer program tasks, budgets, and schedules.
- Track program against schedule, budget, and phase review objectives, reporting status to supervisor regularly and executive staff as needed and/or requested.
- Develop and implement recovery plans for off-schedule and unanticipated eventualities.
- Establish and manage customer relationships.
- Investigate and adjust personnel problems among program team members.
- Provide recommendations regarding hiring, promotions, wage adjustments, and terminations.
- Prepare and present Employee Performance evaluations.
- Recommend and/or lead new processes where needed to improve quality or on-time delivery.
- Generate various reports/deliverables including monthly program status reports to the appropriate customers and management personnel.
- Commit to the organization and shall be ultimately responsible for all activities and deliverables under this contract.
- Plan, organize, direct, and guide the activities of team members.
- Participate in hiring, training, and performance evaluations.
- Review and approve employee timecards.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree related to Information Technology field of study, in addition to the required experience.
- 5+ years' experience coordinating and/or supporting IT business processes.
- Ability to obtain PMP certification within 6 months of hire.
- Background check and the ability to obtain a Public Trust arerequired.
How you'll grow
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays as required.
- Ability to design and maintain technical and project documentation.
- Excellent organizational, presentation, and customer service skills.
- Ability to perform team assessments and evaluations.
- Ability to identify and solve project issues efficiently and effectively.
- Ability to define requirements and plan project lifecycle deployment.
- Ability to define and schedule project/program implementations.
At Chenega MIOS, our professional development plan focuses on helping our team members at every level of their careers to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn.
We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their careers. Benefits
At Chenega MIOS, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our team members and offer them a broad range of benefits.
Learn more about what working at Chenega MIOS can mean for you. Chenega MIOS's culture
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our team members to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and continuously look for new ways to maintain a culture where we excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Corporate citizenship
Chenega MIOS is led by a purpose to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our team members, and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities.
Learn more about Chenega's impact on the world.
Chenega MIOS News- https://chenegamios.com/news/ Tips from your Talent Acquisition Team
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Chenega MIOS to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your research, we suggest you review the following links:
Chenega MIOS web site - www.chenegamios.com
Glassdoor - https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Chenega-MIOS-EI_IE369514.11,23.htm
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/1472684/
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/chenegamios/
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program