ERP International is seeking a full time Registered Nurse (RN) supporting the Medical/Surgical Multi-Service Unit (MSU) at Mike O'Callaghan Military Medical Apply online today and discover more about this outstanding employment opportunity. www.erpinternational.com
Be the Best! Join our team of exceptional health care professionals across the nation. Come discover the immense pride and job satisfaction ERP Employees experience in providing care for our Military Members, their Families and Retired Military Veterans! ERP International is honored to have been named one of The Washington Post's 2023 Top Workplaces!
* Excellent Compensation & Exceptional Comprehensive Benefits!
* Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days and 11 Paid Federal Holidays!
* Medical/Dental/Vision, STD/LTD/Life insurance, and Health Savings Account available!
* Annual CME Stipend and License/Certification Reimbursement!
* Matching 401K!
About ERP International, LLC: ERP is a nationally respected provider of health, science, and technology solutions supporting clients in the government and commercial sectors. We provide comprehensive enterprise information technology, strategic sourcing, and management solutions to DoD and federal civilian agencies in 40 states. Founded in 2006, ERP is headquartered in Laurel, MD and maintains satellite offices in Montgomery, AL and San Antonio, TX - plus project locations nationwide. ERP is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Disability and Veteran.
Various 12 hour shifts, Days or Nights, not to exceed 80 hours every two-week period. Workweek runs from Sunday to Saturday. Includes a 30 minute lunch break.
Work weekends and holidays
Job Specific Details and Tasks:
*Knowledge of professional care theories, principles, practices, and procedures to perform nursing assignments of moderate difficulty and experience in assessing pediatric, adolescent, adults, obstetrics, and geriatric patients, as appropriate. Utilizes the nursing process as a basis for professional practice.
• Knowledge of a wide range of medical disorders/conditions and disease processes across the lifespan, as appropriate.
• Knowledge of preventive health schedules, procedures, processes and education methods. Knowledge of disease management and population health principles.
• Knowledge of a variety of pharmacological agents used in patient treatment, the desired effects, side effects, and complications of their use as well as the accurate administration of the pharmacologic agent, including dosage calculations as required.
• Knowledge of the administrative requirements for proper documentation of patient conditions including disease progress, acknowledgement of teaching, and follow up care.
• Knowledge of computer operations and proficiency in use of basic word processing, data entry and automated medical records.
• Coordinate patient care in collaboration with a wide array of healthcare professionals. Facilitate the achievement of optimal outcomes in relation to clinical care, quality, and cost effectiveness.
• Ensure compliance with standards of care and practice in accordance with all established policies, procedures, and guidelines used in the MTF.
• Provide health promotions, counseling, and education.
• Administer medications, wound care, and numerous other personalized interventions.
• Direct and supervise care provide by other healthcare professionals.
• Recognize adverse signs and symptoms and quickly react in emergency situations.
• Perform nursing services identified in the TO.
• Ability to recognize adverse signs and symptoms and quickly react in emergency situations.
• Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with a diverse group of people for the purpose of informing the healthcare team of plans/actions, for teaching/education to benefit the patient/family and organization. Effectively uses appropriate communication format in addressing professional issues.
• Excellent oral communication skills for patient/family education e of patients. Assessment/evaluation includes the determination of optimal time and location for patient management (ER, clinic, homecare) and follow-up care as required. Communicates treatment plans and patient teaching in accordance with established protocols. Collects and assesses significant patient history information and performs all necessary patient teaching.
• Excellent written communication skills to perform accurate documentation, both written and electronic, of all activity, including telephone contacts, in accordance with requirements.
• Skill in setting up, operating, and monitoring specialized medical equipment such as cardiac monitoring devices, EKG units, oxygen analyzers, nebulizers, and other clinic specific equipment.
• Performs/assists with procedures such as bladder catheterizations, administration of oxygen, EKGs, phlebotomy, and other unit specific procedures, in accordance with established protocols.
• Ensures for proper documentation of procedures and treatments.
• Participates in the orientation and training of newly assigned personnel, as appropriate.
• Ensures a safe work environment, employee safe work habits and patient safety IAW regulatory agencies, infection control policies, and process improvement initiatives.
• Charge Nurse Duties
* Education: Bachelor of Science in Nursing. Graduate from a college or university accredited by National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC), or The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
* Experience: Five-eight years of experience in nursing as identified in the TO after graduation.
* Life Support Certification: Possess a current AHA or ARC BLS/PALS/ALS Healthcare Provider certifications and NRP certificate.
* Licensure: Must hold a full, current, and unrestricted nursing license in a State, Territory, Commonwealth, or the District of Columbia and must maintain a nursing license to practice in the United States of America.
* Security: Must possess ability to pass a Government background check/security clearance.