OverviewSteering Committee Coordinator US Remote
The Emmes Company, LLC ("Emmes") is a global, full-service Clinical Research Organization dedicated to excellence in supporting the advancement of public health and biopharmaceutical innovation. We believe in the power of truth, so much so that we named our company Emmes, which means truth. Through decades of experience we have learned that collaborative relationships thrive and human health benefits when truth is our compass.
Our "Character Achieves Results" culture is driven by five key values that guide our actions in the way we conduct research and distinguish us as an organization: Integrity, Agility, Passion for Excellence, Collaborative Partnerships and Intellectual Curiosity. We are a trusted partner to clients who share our passion for improving public health in a world of ever-changing scientific research.
If you share our motivations and passion in research, come join us! You will be joining a collaborative culture that empowers every Emmes employee - from entry level through top executive - to contribute to our clients' success by sharing ideas openly and honestly. Primary Purpose
Scientific Steering Committees at NCI are charged with developing and prioritizing large phase II and phase III oncology trials. The Clinical Information Specialist/Steering Committee Coordinator works closely with the NCI to provide scientific, logistical, and administrative support to the Committees. Responsibilities
- Manage all coordination efforts for scientific steering committees, task forces and working groups of cancer researchers.
- Ensure daily forward progression of all aspects of the scientific steering committee concept evaluation process.
- Create and distribute all scientific meeting agendas, concept evaluation materials and in-person meeting materials for committees.
- Communicate continuously and effectively with the NCI and committee membership.
- Plan, coordinate, and host all regularly scheduled and ad-hoc conference calls.
- Draft and distribute scientific minutes of calls pertaining to cancer research.
- Create all evaluation and membership ballots and prepare reports for NCI as needed.
- Coordinate Clinical Trial Planning Meetings as needed.
- Independent follow-up on action items from all meetings and committee business.
- Manage committee membership including confidentiality, conflict of interest, terms, election processes, and roster production/maintenance in database.
- Attend in-person meetings; draft and distribute scientific meeting reports.
- Retrieve information and generate reports from databases (i.e. clinical trial accrual updates, active trials, etc.).
- Compile scientific information, such as results of PubMed searches.
- Opportunity to edit manuscripts and abstracts.
- Ad hoc projects as requested from NCI.
- Opportunity for advancement.
Emmes requires all US based Clinical Research Associate new hires to be fully vaccinated before their first day of employment. All new hires may also be required to comply with other COVID-19 health and safety protocols, such as masking or testing. Emmes complies with all applicable laws regarding reasonable accommodations or exemptions for religious, medical, or other legally protected reasons.
- Bachelor's degree (in a scientific discipline preferred) with two years of professional experience in a scientific or health related position or Master's degree (in a science or health related discipline preferred) in lieu of professional experience.
- Experience in scientific or technical writing is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of clinical trials is preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required.
- Detail oriented and ability to work independently.
- Strong organizational, time management, and administrative skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize various, ongoing projects.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills: professionalism, accountability, and customer service.
- Experience with clinical research preferred.
- Experience with Access database development and Microsoft VBA coding preferred.
Why work at Emmes?
At Emmes, your actions and hard work will have a direct impact on public health initiatives, both globally and in our local communities with opportunities for volunteerism through our Emmes Cares
community engagement program. We offer a competitive benefits package focused on the health and needs of our growing workforce, including:
- Work From Home Anywhere in the US
CONNECT WITH US!
- Casual Dress Code & Work Environment
Follow us on Twitter - @EmmesCRO
Find us on LinkedIn - The Emmes Company, LLC
The Emmes Company, LLC is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.