Adventist HealthCare seeks to hire an Imaging Services Coordinator who will embrace our mission to extend God's care through the ministry of physical, mental and spiritual healing.
As an Imaging Service Coordinator, you will:
• Coordinates with Centralized Scheduling, confirming appointments, gathering demographic and insurance data and completing the insurance pre-certification process.
• Ensures the timely and proper collection of prior exams and reports needed for proper PET interpretation and comparison.
• Proactively reviews all scheduled exams in advance and serves as the Physician Office contact to resolve outstanding issues related to demographics, patient history, clinical requirements, diagnosis, etc.
• Obtains pre-authorizations for Physician Orders for diagnostic testing or procedure as required by the patient's insurance carrier.
• Communicates with physician/clinical staff on reimbursement issues and/or pre-certification requirements by the patient's insurance carriers.
• Communicates with Insurance Authorization Coordinators the need for updated referrals
• Communicates with front office manager and staff in the case of denials that will require rescheduling and/or peer-to-peer review by the ordering physician.
• Communicates as necessary and in a timely fashion with front office, centralized scheduling and imaging center staff with regards to the status of pending authorizations.
• Identifies process gaps and closes the loop
• Builds relationships with Physicians
• Promotes AHC OP imaging to primary referrals.
Qualified Candidates will possess:
• High school or GED required
• 2+ years' experience working as in Imaging , or experience in a customer support and/or marketing role, or experience obtaining Prior Authorization / Precertification, and knowledge of, CPT code, ICD-9 code, and medical terminology to facilitate and assist with the process.
• Bachelor's Degree preferred. Imaging degree desirable, however, we will consider Business, Marketing, or Healthcare Management.
• Knowledge of imaging exams and protocols
• Valid Driver's License
• Ability to travel and visit physician offices
M-F 7:30am -4:00pmAt Adventist HealthCare our job is to care for you.
We do this by offering:
- Work life balance through nonrotating shifts
- Recognition and rewards for professional expertise
- 403(b) retirement plan
- Free Employee parking
- Benefits Eligible Positions:
- Competitive, comprehensive benefit plans [including health, employer-paid disability and life insurance, PTO]
- Employer retirement contribution and match after 1-year of eligible employment with 3 year vesting
- Ancillary benefits such as flexible spending, legal and pet insurance to meet the needs of employees and their eligible family members
- Subsidized childcare at participating childcare centers
As a faith-based organization, with over a century of caring for the communities in the Maryland area, Adventist HealthCare has earned a reputation for high-quality, compassionate care. Adventist HealthCare was the first and is the largest healthcare provider in Montgomery County.
If you want to make a difference in someone's life every day, consider a position with a team of professionals who are doing just that, making a difference.
Join the Adventist HealthCare team today, apply now to be considered! COVID-19 Vaccination
Adventist HealthCare requires all applicants to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 before commencing employment. Applicants may be required to furnish proof of vaccination and, if needed, may elect to be vaccinated at any community pharmacy or location offering COVID-19 vaccinations.Tobacco and Drug Statement
Tobacco use is a well-recognized preventable cause of death in the United States and an important public health issue. In order to promote and maintain a healthy work environment, Adventist HealthCare will not hire applicants for employment who either state that they are nicotine users or who test positive for nicotine and drug use.
While some jurisdictions, including Maryland, permit the use of marijuana for medical purposes, marijuana continues to be classified as an illegal drug under the federal Controlled Substances Act. As a result, medical marijuana use will not be accepted as a valid explanation for a positive drug test result.
Adventist HealthCare will withdraw offers of employment to applicants who test positive for Cotinine (nicotine) and marijuana. Those testing positive are given the opportunity to re-apply in 90 days, if they can truthfully attest that they have not used any nicotine products in the past ninety (90) days and successfully pass follow-up testing. ("Nicotine products" include, but are not limited to: cigarettes, cigars, pipes, chewing tobacco, e-cigarettes, vaping products, hookah, and nicotine replacement products (e.g., nicotine gum, nicotine patches, nicotine lozenges, etc.). Equal Employment Opportunity
Adventist HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to attracting, engaging, and developing the best people to cultivate our mission-centric culture. Our goal is to have a welcoming, equitable, and safe place to work and grow for all employees, no matter their background. AHC does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and related medical conditions, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Adventist HealthCare will make reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities, in accordance with applicable law. Adventist HealthCare is a religious organization as defined under applicable law; however, it will endeavor to provide reasonable accommodations for applicants' religious beliefs.
Applicants who wish to request accommodations for disabilities or religious belief should contact the Support Center HR Office.