US Citizenship:Required Summary
The MIL Corporation seeks a Compensation Analyst
to support a Federal Government client at our Charleston, SC location. Provides compensation services and analyst support for a government agency. The agency manages a diverse foreign affairs payroll environment, providing our services to our Civil and Senior Executive Service employees domestically, U.S. Foreign Service employees in the U.S., and overseas, and Annuity services to Foreign Service Retirees. Our services include time and attendance, payroll, annuity payments, customer support, withholding, benefits, record keeping and reporting for our employees and Annuitants. Responsibilities
The Analyst's primary responsibilities are Time & Attendance (T&A) reporting, pay calculation, individual leave accounts, allotments of pay, and other individual pay matters for those paid under local compensation plans at serviced-posts. Specific Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for accuracy of calculating and processing T&A into various proprietary financial systems, ensuring timeliness and accuracy of information. This includes working accounts by organization or country code by processing a variety of transactions which affect pay, leave, taxes, benefits, and other deductions.
- Receive, research, analyze, and process pay actions under the Common Actions such as, but not limited to:
- Accounting Updates, Awards, COLA (Cost of Living Allowance), Donated Leave, E&L Statements, General Inquiry
- Common/Historical, INWS (In Non-Working Status), Leave Adjustments, Overpayment & Underpayment
- Common, PCS Renewal/Other, Restored Leave Adjustment, Return of Donated Leave, Salary Adjustment, Service Computation Date Adjustment, Supplementa
- Common, T&A Processing & Manual Submission, Year-to-Date Adjustment (YTDA) - Common
- Verifies the validity of personnel actions and personal service contracts/agreements prepared by serviced Embassies, rejecting those who are not properly completed or in accord with existing personnel law, regulation and advises post personnel offices of the deficiencies and corrections needed to affect the action.
- Answers questions from employees regarding payroll matters (pay, deductions and related matters)
- Audits, analyzes, and reconciles reports or accounts, and as necessary, makes adjustments which are largely retroactive in nature. More difficult adjustments may require extensive record searches and involve correction of accounts.
- Perform manual calculations when deemed necessary to verify year-to-date adjustments and corrections when the calculations cannot be performed through the automated payroll system, GFACS and or other financial systems as required.
- Research, correct and determine the cause of erroneous payments and timely clearing of domestic and overseas T&A rejects.
- Prepares reports on various aspects of the payroll cycle, as requested by DoS
- Performs other payroll duties as assigned.
- Provides business process analysis, systems analysis and system support services requiring knowledge and experience with the automated systems that support financial services to support:
- Resolving production system issues
- Design of new workflows
- New procedures or the revised automated systems
- Identify transaction errors.
- Cause and corrective actions through system modifications or training
- Relevant professional experience supporting the design, development, analysis, testing, or implementation of systems similar in size, complexity, and scope to the DoS systems:
- Experience with development and testing methodologies in a system environment
- US Citizenship
- Functional expertise and experience in payroll operations, policies, practices, reporting and business processes/requirements.
- Experience in supporting the development/implementation of large, complex financial management systems is preferred.
BA/BS or relevant experience Clearance
The MIL Corporation values your contributions and offers a range of benefits to support your overall well-being. We are pleased to offer a comprehensive range of benefits to our full-time employees which includes health, life, disability , and retirement plans, as well as paid time off, opportunities for professional growth and tuition assistance . Additional benefits and incentives may also apply, which will be communicated during the hiring process.
Salary at MIL is determined based on factors such as qualifications, experience, and contractual limitations. For this position, the projected compensation range is $46,257.12 - $53,452.67 per year. This estimate represents the typical salary range and is just one part of MIL's complete compensation package . Why MIL?
The MIL Corporation (MIL) is a dynamic workforce of industry professionals who deliver world-class solutions in cyber, engineering, financial management, and information technology - and we are looking for candidates like you! Whether you're fresh out of college, the military, or well into your professional services career, MIL has great job opportunities that might be a great fit.
Here at MIL, we pride ourselves on the family-like environment instilled amongst our team. Our employees love working here and it truly shows through our various recognitions & awards. Some of our most recent awards include:
- 2021-2022, Top Workplaces USA award (Energage)
- 2017-2022 Top Workplaces Award, Greater Washington Area (The Washington Post)
- 2018-2022 Certified Great Workplace, Great Place to Work®
- 2021 & 2022, Best Workplaces in Consulting & Professional Services™
- 2021 Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials™
- 2018 Fortune, Great Place to Work: Best Place to Work for Diversity
- 2020- 2022, 2017, Top Workplace Award, South Carolina (Greenville Business Magazine, Columbia Business Monthly, and Charleston Business Magazine)
- 2022 Freedom Award, Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR), Department of Defense
- 2018, Above & Beyond Award, Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR), Department of Defense
If your goal is to help the federal government deploy leading technologies, improve financial management, or defend the nation in cyberspace, MIL welcomes you. Become a part of something greater, where you, the people, make the difference. The MIL Corporation is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.