The Foundation Schools is a special education day school which delivers innovative school programs and support services for children and adolescents with emotional disabilities, autism spectrum disorders and other learning challenges. For over 40 years, the combination of academic support and therapeutic services has given our students a chance to reach their full potential. The Foundation Schools has schools in Gaithersburg, Rockville, Landover and Largo, Maryland that serve over 200 students in grades K-12. We are currently accepting resumes for an IT Specialist to assist in our four school locations.
The mission of The Foundation Schools is to provide a highly specialized educational and therapeutic program for students preparing them to be productive and successful in their future academic and career paths. The Foundation Schools employs special education strategies and techniques to provide quality instruction that results in the students’ mastery of approved curriculum and that promotes social, emotional and cognitive learning. We effectively manage student behavior through implementation of behavior management systems, school rules and policies.
Our Core Values’ provide a strong foundation for our programs, are integrated into our positive behavior intervention system, drive our actions and guide our staff and students daily to TWIRL (Teamwork, Work Ethic, Integrity, Respect, and Leadership). We offer a supportive working environment with small class sizes and excellent resources.
The Foundation Schools offers a comprehensive benefit package including tuition assistance and a generous retirement package. Visit our website at www.foundationschools.org for more information.
IT Specialists are responsible for the day to day operations of the Local Area Network, coordination of all network repairs and maintenance, and will assist in the administration of all network systems. Responsibilities include computer maintenance, user account reconcilement, help desk support, oversight of file structure and data security. The IT Specialists implement staff and student technology training and assist in the coordination of technology-related events. They support the academic program at the schools.
Education, Experience and Certification Requirements
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required
- Bachelor’s degree, IT certification, Associates degree or related course work is preferred
- Experience with basic software, hardware, peripheral and network trouble shoot, maintenance and repair required
- Two or more years’ experience in Microsoft programs, Google Documents, data base software, and other network software programs preferred
- Knowledge of computer infrastructure and maintenance preferred
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) abilities are a plus
- Ability to travel to three school locations required - Largo, Landover and Gaithersburg
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Conduct onsite technology training for students and staff according to individual and program needs
- Assist the Director of Information Technology with the development, management and scheduling of on-line staff development tools and assessment processes and formal instructional technology training
- Work with school staff to help integrate technology into classrooms and student activities
- Work with the Principal and the management team in the coordination of all school technology activities, plans, and policies
- Responsible for the day to day operation of the school network including creation and maintenance of staff and student network accounts, performance and trouble shooting of network hardware, software, connectivity and the effective communication with administration regarding network status
- Install and maintain all company approved software and demonstrate knowledge of all current network software to ensure software’s functionality is maintained and to provide the best possible staff support
- Responsible for securing all technology equipment and following the policies regarding the usage of the equipment; provide support and train staff on the set up, use and security of equipment
- Take photos and create student and staff ID cards within designated time frame
- Provide orientation to new staff and students throughout the year and assist new staff in completing The Foundation Schools Technology Competency Program
- Conduct and maintain records of the annual staff and student Acceptable Use Policy training
- Assist the Director of Information Technology and other directors on the creation and maintenance of forms to be used in the program and with the students
- Demonstrate an understanding of network accounts, network directory structure and assist the Director of Information Technology in the administration of the network file structure including the set up and audit of all security permissions, user access and file content
- Perform maintenance as indicated in The Foundation Schools Technology Manual and coordinate service and repairs of school building systems and school equipment by contractors as assigned by the Director of IT
- Monitor The Foundation Schools' help desk and resolve issues in conjunction with technology team while coordinating and communicating with the IT team and other departments on help desk requests, including those that are outside of the IT scope and outstanding help desk items
- Update and maintain the hardware and software equipment inventory including status of windows updates, anti-virus, licensing, and other software requirements
- Assist the Director of Information Technology with administration of the intranet including technology support files and software procedure manuals and with the configuration and maintenance of system content filters
- Maintain network reports such as network status reports, network logs and network account information
- Assist the Director of Information Technology in the administration of the company databases to include running regular updates from the student database, designing and configuring end user reports, maintaining user access, managing on-line related services databases, audits for data entry, providing monthly and quarterly statistical reports that document billing, student attendance, lunch program statistics and staff performance
- Attend and participate in Information Technology department meetings and other meetings as appropriate