RequirementsConditions of Employment
- You will plan specific objectives, milestones., phases for complex projects, and makes needed innovations and modifications.
- You will lead in the development and management of overall engineering related implementation plans for acquisition programs and advanced technology development.
- You will serve as a senior engineer or computer scientist in coordinating and integrating the planning, programming, development, oversight, scheduling, and overall management of resources.
- Ensures that a progress schedule is maintained and take remedial action to ensure the proper relationship between work efforts and total project development.
- You will execute the planning, leading and contact of Systems Engineering Technical Reviews.
- You will Interface with internal and external stakeholder and coordination of technical area expert efforts.
- You will prepare project plans including overall project scheduling, major engineering requirements, and specific related to project budgetary estimates.
- You will identify and investigate complex problems and conflicts in assigned area of responsibility involving project requirements, objectives, interfaces, system preliminary and detailed design, tests and evaluation, operations, and schedules.
- You will serve as a Project Technical Representative and provide technical guidance to contractor counterparts regarding new or complex aspects of assignment.
- You will apply specialized technical knowledge of professional engineering and scientific concepts, methods, and processes to analyze and define the requirements of multiphase projects.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
- You will be required to complete ethics orientation within three months of appointment and submit a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report, OGE-450, within 30 days of appointment.
- Successful completion of a pre-employment drug test (including marijuana) is required. A tentative offer of employment will be rescinded if you fail to report to the drug test appointment or fail the test. You will be subject to random testing.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final Top-Secret/SCI security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
- This position may require travel from normal duty station to CONUS and OCONUS and may include remote or isolated sites. You must be able to travel on military and commercial aircraft for extended periods of time.
- You will be required to complete training, obtain, and maintain a government credit card for travel and travel-related purchases.
Your resume must also demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS-11 grade level or pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector. Specialized experience must demonstrate the following: Strategies; performance requirements definition, functional analysis, decomposition and allocation; design verification; systems analysis; requirements verification; functional verification; test planning and test engineering; operational validation; development and delivery of associated systems engineering artifacts; and input into the programs Integrated Master Schedule.
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management website: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/0800/files/all-professional-engineering-positions-0800.pdf
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. Education
Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree
3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree
LL.M., if relatedAdditional information
This announcement uses the Acquisition Demo Demonstration Business & Technical Management direct hire authority to recruit and appoint qualified candidates to certain positions in the competitive service.
There are multiple vacancies within the Command Element Systems (CES) Portfolio. Positions may be in one of the following Program Management Offices (PMO): Command and Control Systems, Communications Systems, Intelligence Systems.
The following additional knowledge/skills/abilities or experience are desired depending on the open position:
- Experience in performing technical management of Department of Defense (DoD) Acquisition programs or equivalent commercial programs, to include planning and executing Systems Engineering (SE) and Test and Evaluation (T&E) activities.
- Experience developing DoD Acquisition technical documents (Systems Engineering Plan, Test and Evaluation Master Plan) and executing technical processes (Systems Engineering Technical Reviews, Configuration Management, Failure Modes, Effects, and Criticality Analysis).
- Experience in developing and integrating electromagnetic warfare or electromagnetic attack systems, signal or human intelligence systems, ground or maritime sensors, biometrics and biometric sensors, integration of publicly available information, or forensic systems
- Experience in 1) data collection, data fusion, data processing, and data management; 2) command and control, intelligence or public affairs systems; 3) communication or handheld-based systems, or 4) IT systems and networking
- Experience in the integration, sustainment and technical refresh of COTS/GOTS in support of DoD tactical software-intensive systems
A relocation incentive is generally a single payment intended to offset some of the relocation costs experienced by the selectee. A relocation incentive may be authorized.
Certain incentives (such as Recruitment, Relocation or Student Loan Repayment) may be authorized to eligible selectees.
This position is eligible for part time, substantial or ad-hoc telework at the discretion of management.
This position is covered by the Department of Defense Priority Placement Program.
Several vacancies may be filled.
A tentative offer of employment will be rescinded if the selectee fails to meet the pre-employment requirements, including failure to report to any of the scheduled appointments.
Federal annuitant information: The selection of an annuitant is subject to the Department of Defense and Department of the Navy policy on the employment of annuitants. Policy information may be found at: http://www.secnav.navy.mil/donhr/Documents/CivilianJobs/FedCivAnnuitants.pdf .
Veteran's preference does not apply when selecting individuals under this specific hiring authority. However, if you claim veteran's preference, you will be required to submit supporting documentation with your application as described in the Required Documents section below.