RequirementsConditions of Employment
- You will plan and schedule the installation of new or modified hardware and operating systems and applications software.
- You will manage accounts, network rights and access to systems and equipment.
- You will develop and document systems administration standard operating procedures.
- You will managing the installation and integration of systems fixes, updates and enhancements.
- You will ensur the rigorous application of information security/information assurance policies, principles and practices in the delivery of systems administration services.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final TOP SECRET security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
- This position is covered under the Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA). Certification in the Acquisition Functional Area and category assigned to the position is required within established category timeframes.
- Successful completion of a pre-employment drug test (including marijuana) is required. A tentative offer of employment will be rescinded if you fail to report to the drug test appointment or fail the test. You will be subject to random testing.
- You will be required to complete training, obtain, and maintain a government credit card for travel and travel-related purchases.
- This position may require travel from normal duty station to CONUS and OCONUS and may include remote or isolated sites. You must be able to travel on military and commercial aircraft for extended periods of time.
Your resume must also demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS-13 grade level or (NH-03) pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector. Specialized experience must demonstrate the following: In recommending new equipment, configurations, system enhancements and technological changes; to include participating in various boards in identifying potential integration for systems implantations, reviewing system capabilities and proposals for integration with programs and providing comprehensive risk assessment, and implementing actions to mitigate vulnerabilities.
Your experience must also reflect skill in the following areas: attention to detail, customer service, oral communication, and problem solving.
1. Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail. IT-related experience demonstrating this competency include: staying abreast of the latest technological advances and anticipating the effects of new technologies on the strategic plans for IT programs.
2. Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services. IT-related experience demonstrating this competency include: providing policy guidance to IT management and customers.
3. Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately. IT-related experience demonstrating this competency include: making written and oral presentations to report status and make recommendations.
4. Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations. IT-related experience demonstrating this competency include: identifying potential problems in attaining goals, ensuring IT programs are integrated with strategic goals, and recommending changes that will ensure alignment.
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management website: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/2200/information-technology-it-management-series-2210-alternative-a/
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.. Education
This job does not have an education qualification requirement. Additional informationThis is a Civilian Acquisition Workforce Personnel Demonstration Project (AcqDemo) position in the NH-04 broadband with an advertised pay range from the lowest equivalent GS 14 grade Step 1 to the highest equivalent GS 15 grade step 10 in the broadband. However, this position is covered by salary control point within the NH-04 broad band and the Quantico, VA Locality Total salary range is CP= "91" - - $132,368 - $170,987. If your current federal salary is above this amount, your salary may be matched, if applicable. Knowledge or experience in the following areas is desired:
- Experience in performing technical management of Department of Defense (DoD) Acquisition programs, to include planning and executing Systems Engineering (SE) and Test and Evaluation (T&E) activities.
- Experience developing DoD Acquisition technical documents (Systems Engineering Plan, Test and Evaluation Master Plan) and executing technical processes (Systems Engineering Technical Reviews, Configuration Management, Failure Modes, Effects, and Criticality Analysis).
- Experience in developing and integrating Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) systems
- Experience in 1) data management, data processing, and data fusion 2) command and control systems, or 3) IT systems and networking
- Experience with software development (Agile or waterfall) and/or employing virtual machine and container technologies
- Experience in the integration, sustainment and technical refresh of COTS/GOTS in support of DoD tactical software-intensive systems
- Familiarity with modular open systems approach (MOSA) for DoD technology platforms and vetronics systems such as VICTORY (Vehicular Integration for C4ISR/EW Interoperability), Sensor Open Systems Architecture Technical Standard, and CMOSS (C5ISR/EW Modular Open Suite of Standards).
There may or may not be actual vacancies filled from this flyer. Notice of Result letters will not be sent to applicants who respond to this flyer.
This announcement uses the Direct Hire Authority for AcqDemo Business & Technical Mgmt to recruit and appoint qualified candidates to positions in the competitive service.
Recruitment incentives may be authorized to eligible new hires.
Relocation incentives as described in 5 USC 5753 "may" or "may not" be authorized in accordance with applicable travel regulations, command policy and available command funding.
This position is eligible for full time or part time ad-hoc telework at the discretion of management.
This position is covered by the Department of Defense Priority Placement Program.
Several vacancies may be filled.
A tentative offer of employment will be rescinded if the selectee fails to meet the pre-employment requirements, including failure to report to any of the scheduled appointments.
Federal annuitant information: The selection of an annuitant is subject to the Department of Defense and Department of the Navy policy on the employment of annuitants. Policy information may be found at: http://www.secnav.navy.mil/donhr/Documents/CivilianJobs/FedCivAnnuitants.pdf .
Veteran's preference does not apply when selecting individuals under this specific hiring authority. However, if you claim veteran's preference, you will be required to submit supporting documentation with your application as described in the Required Documents section below.