RequirementsConditions of Employment
- Sets up bars for operation, obtains cash bank and stocks service bar.
- Assures an adequate stock level is maintained, sets up storeroom and work area to permit easy access to stock items.
- Prepares a limited variety of drinks (simple alcoholic beverages, beer, and soda) as requested by patrons and wait staff.
- Records sales and applies simple arithmetic in calculating bills to make change or prepares charge slips.
- Identifies persons who become unruly or who appear intoxicated, resolves the problem or seeks assistance in accordance with established procedures.
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required.
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position.
- A one year probationary period may be required.
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check.
- Must meet state/local age requirement of twenty-one (21) for the serving of alcoholic beverages, beer and soda at the time of appointment.
- Satisfactory completion of a minimum of four (4) hours initial food sanitation and safety training is required within thirty (30) days of employment and a minimum of four (4) hours refresher training annually.
- Appointment is subject to completion and favorable results of a medical examination to determine suitability for this position.
- Physical: Be able to lift and carry weights up to 20 pounds. Occasionally lift and carry items weighting up to 40 lbs.
- Must be available to work days, evenings, weekends, and holidays as required.
- Incumbent is required to complete a Tier 1 background investigation for a Common Access Card for physical access to federally controlled facilities.
1. Must meet state/local age requirement of twenty-one (21) for the serving of alcoholic beverages, beer and soda at the time of appointment.
2. Be able to lift and carry weights up to 20 pounds.
3. Possess math skills necessary to calculate patron bills and take inventory.
4. Skill in mixing and serving alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages. (Reminder: Your experience has to be clearly identified in your application package/resume in order to receive consideration. Format example: Month/Year to Month/Year employment with summary of duties.)
Eligible applications received before or on the cut-off date of- 7/10/2023
will be referred to the selecting official(s) for consideration first.Education
This job does not have an education qualification requirement. Additional information Area of Consideration:
- The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is Fort Meade local commuting area (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)
Allowances, Incentives, and PCS Costs:
- If you are unable to apply online, you may submit your application package using a manual application method. Please contact the NAF Human Resources Office or representative listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form. All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than 3:00 pm by 09/28/2023 in order to process your application in a timely manner. Please note that neglecting to respond to the job-related questions may result in an ineligible rating.
Please check out our Applicant Information Kit:
- Allowances, differentials, or incentives will not be paid.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's interest.
- It contains additional information applicants may find useful when applying for our jobs. (To view the kit, click or copy and paste this URL: https://publicfileshare.chra.army.mil/Applicants/NAF%20Applicant%20Information%20Kit.pdf ).
- Information may be requested regarding the vaccination status of selectees for the purposes of implementing workplace safety protocols. For more information, visit https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/faq/vaccinations/
- Additional referrals may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Applications are valid for 90 days after submission date. Applicants will be referred to selecting officials as additional vacancies occur.