RequirementsConditions of Employment
- You will design, conduct and oversee studies and evaluations of the quality, performance, implementation and impacts of behavioral health programs.
- You will perform research and statistical analysis to provide answers and problem solve harmful behaviors to include suicide, sexual assault, child abuse, domestic violence and substance abuse.
- You will research and evaluate studies or projects to improve service and research identification, development and delivery.
- You will provide research and evaluation findings, information papers, power-point briefs and technical documents to inform decision making and improve programs, policies and practices.
- You will interpret information and evidence relevant to prevention/behavioral health; review academic literature, analyze studies, assess research to recommend programs, policies and practices relating to behavioral health challenges.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
- This position is telework eligible.
- Travel up to approximately 20% may be required outside of local area. Travel will be required in local area for training, meetings and to coordinate with local organizations, etc.
Your resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS-11 grade level or pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector. Specialized experience must demonstrate the following: performing research and evaluation of behavioral health prevention and intervention policies, programs and practices; designing, conducting, executing and analyzing formal research projects and program evaluations
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management web site: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/#url=List-by-Occupational-Series .
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. Education
Applicants must meet the following positive education qualifications requirements of the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualifications Standards Manual: Applicants must possess Degree:
behavioral or social science; or related disciplines appropriate to the position.
OR Combination of education and experience
that provided the applicant with knowledge of one or more of the behavioral or social sciences equivalent to a major in the field.
ORFour years of appropriate experience
that demonstrated that the applicant has acquired knowledge of one or more of the behavioral or social sciences equivalent to a major in the field.Additional information
This position is covered by the Department of Defense Priority Placement Program.
Additional vacancies may be filled by this announcement.
A tentative offer of employment will be rescinded if the selectee fails to meet the pre-employment requirements, including failure to report to any of the scheduled appointments.
Federal annuitant information: The selection of an annuitant is subject to the Department of Defense and Department of the Navy policy on the employment of annuitants. Policy information may be found at: http://www.secnav.navy.mil/donhr/Documents/CivilianJobs/FedCivAnnuitants.pdf
Veteran's preference does not apply when selecting individuals under the specific hiring authority addressed in the Summary section of this announcement. However, if you claim veteran's preference, you will be required to submit supporting documentation with your application as described in the Required Documents section below.
If you are unable to apply online and request information about the Alternate Application process, please contact the Department of Navy's Employment Information Center.ICTAP
: In addition to meeting all minimum qualification and eligibility requirements, ICTAP applicants must be well qualified for the position to receive consideration for special priority selection. A well-qualified ICTAP applicant is one who possesses the competencies and experience to perform the duties of the position successfully with orientation to learn/understand the activities, procedures, policies and processes. Demonstrated work experience in the occupation is typically qualifying for placement. This criterion cannot be met by education and training. For more information about ICTAP eligibility please review the following link: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/working-in-government/unique-hiring-paths/federal-employees/ictap/