Center 1 (19052), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Data Strategy, Culture, & Risk Operations Manager
As a Risk Manager at Capital One, you will be part of a smart, talented team responsible for executing and enhancing capabilities that deliver excellence in data risk management. In this position, you will contribute immediately while strengthening your risk management and data management best practices.
You will play a critical role on the Data Strategy, Culture, and Operations (DSCO) team. Our team sits at the intersection of product, risk, governance, and strategy to analyze, synthesize, and create new capabilities to reduce risks associated with one of Capital One's largest assets: Our Data!
We are seeking a dedicated, disciplined professional who excels in a team environment and is excited to help keep our data well managed. You should have excellent risk management, problem solving, analysis, and communication skills, show attention to detail, and an ability to adapt to change quickly. This is a great opportunity to continue your career in the field of Risk and Data Management.
- Use a strategic mindset to foster continued growth of the Data Strategy and Governance program.
- Leverage risk and data management experience and knowledge of technology processes and risks to influence updates to products, policies, and strategy to reduce data related risk in our Enterprise Products and Platforms.
- Perform assessments and create recommendations to drive convergence towards organizational adoption of Enterprise data management products.
- Consult with product and data management teams to identify opportunities to streamline, automate and enhance our data governance practices, products, and processes.
- Understand the risk profile as assessed by the business and other controls to identify trends and potential control gaps.
- Foster effective partnerships and collaborate directly with risk management, data management, and product teams to execute governance and risk & controls strategies.
- Track and measure the DSCO Data Governance program performance through OKRs and KPIs.
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience.
- At least 3 years of risk management, or at least 3 years of data management experience.
- Risk Management, Data Management, Lean, Agile, or, Six Sigma certification.
- 5+ years of risk management, data management, compliance, technology, or regulatory experience.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
The minimum and maximum full-time annual salaries for this role are listed below, by location. Please note that this salary information is solely for candidates hired to perform work within one of these locations, and refers to the amount Capital One is willing to pay at the time of this posting. Salaries for part-time roles will be prorated based upon the agreed upon number of hours to be regularly worked.
New York City (Hybrid On-Site): $147,800 - $168,700 for Risk Manager
Candidates hired to work in other locations will be subject to the pay range associated with that location, and the actual annualized salary amount offered to any candidate at the time of hire will be reflected solely in the candidate's offer letter.
This role is also eligible to earn performance based incentive compensation, which may include cash bonus(es) and/or long term incentives (LTI). Incentives could be discretionary or non discretionary depending on the plan.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender reassignment, citizenship, immigration status, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).